BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Warning- may cause involuntary thinking, Digital Immortality Organization Stuff
BflySamurai
post Jan 23, 2014, 09:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 36963

I wasn't really trying to say anything with the topic title; I just wanted something besides 'hi'.

Anyway, I stumbled onto this website and think that it's got some pretty awesome information and conversations going on. I see a lot of potential here, and yes, that means I'm trying to sell something. But don't worry, I'm not trying to take your money, just your lives... well, I guess just your time.

From what I gather (from the about setion), this website is a resource for bringing people together for discussion and increasing awareness about possibilities, all having to do with the brain. I think this is great, but often a lot of what goes on on the internet is just talk. I'm not trying to dis this website or any like it, as they serve the purposes they set out to fill very well. I'm just saying that I am one of many people working on efforts to build and bring about these possible futures.

Not too long ago I started an organization which operates out of Reddit at /r/Digital_Immortality. Our two big goals for now are to help develop mind uploading technologies that would allow us to live indefinitely past the death of our human bodies, as well as actively advocating for transhumanism (especially our efforts) as well as encouraging younger generations to take an interest in science.

Right now we're just a group of people volunteering our time to develop ideas that we can take and build an incorporated organization. Our goal in incorporating is to be able to bring as many people onto the project full-time as we possibly can.

Cognitive science is very broad, and the scope of our organization is even broader, so really all we're looking for is people who are passionate about this stuff.

My username on reddit is also BflySamurai. I do plan on periodically checking things out here, but if you want to get ahold of me, you will be sure to get a faster response if you send it to me on reddit.

I guess I should at least put a little something about myself in here since it is in an 'intoduce yourself' thread.

Well, my background is mostly in music; I've been composing music for the last 10 years of my life. I took a year of biology at university. I am an ameature programmer when I can find the time. And as you know, I want to live indefinitely. Oh, and if any of you know about Mars One, I applied for the mission, decided I'd rather work on immortality stuff instead, but didn't make it through to the second round of selection anyway. I've had some crazy adventures, some even crazier dreams, I work hard, and I know where I want to go in life. I think I have life as a human figured out pretty well (relatively), though there is still so much to learn about ourselves, let alone the rest of the universe.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhymer
post Jan 24, 2014, 03:18 AM
Post #2

Supreme God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 385

Hello BflySamurai,

...and welcome to the site!
Good luck with your search for permanent life - I must admit that my own belief is that good old Nature has come up with the best idea though. I think that around a hundred years is way long enough to allow one to become bored with existence, and appreciate that new generations are the 'lucky' ones with the ability to become dumfounded by Mans inability to live decent lives in majorum (excuse my putrid Latin).
Maybe your approach is better!
+Quote Post
BflySamurai
post Jan 24, 2014, 11:40 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 36963

Thanks
Maybe my approach is better, maybe it isn't, but all I want is more time to figure out which approach is best. Haha, with this logic it seems I'll be forever stuck in the process of trying to find more time... which is something I'm okay with for now. Although, supposing I do live for a substantial amount of time, between the years 2100 and 2200 I'd like to take a break to reevaluate myself, what I'm doing, and what we're all doing.
+Quote Post
Phi
post Jan 26, 2014, 05:01 PM
Post #4

God

Member No.: 25755

Glad to see another honest person about
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 12:35 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles