3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question for a White Person..
Non-White Person
post Aug 12, 2004, 07:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 1324

What does a White person say and/or do to counter White Supremacy(Racism)?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
AmbientSnowflake
post Aug 12, 2004, 08:10 PM
Post #2

Overlord

Member No.: 24

I don't even think about racism, or white spremacy. I think it's stupid. I grew up in a city in Texas where I was a minority. The Hispanic population was greater. I was discriminated against. It sucked. But it's not my problem. It's the other persons problem.

I worked at a coffee shop. This girl came in, she was black, and began ordering whatever it was that she ordered that day. We may have been goofing around as laborors do, or taking our time, whatever. Well, she interprets our actions of bad customer service, taking our time, to be racially motivated.

She remarked to my manager that such and such was happening because she was black. The truth is that I hate blacks and whites all the same, and vise versa.

It's happened before. This black woman came in with a chip on her shoulder. She bitched me out for whatever stupid reason she could think of.

When I'm faced with the problem of a minority race, black in this case, I simply ignore the notion all together. Even if I'm accused of being racist to my face, I simply look the other way because there is nothing I can do to change that persons mind.
+Quote Post
Non-White Person
post Aug 12, 2004, 08:15 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (AmbientSnowflake @ Aug 12, 08:10 PM)
I don't even think about racism, or white spremacy. I think it's stupid. I grew up in a city in Texas where I was a minority. The Hispanic population was greater. I was discriminated against. It sucked. But it's not my problem. It's the other persons problem.

I worked at a coffee shop. This girl came in, she was black, and began ordering whatever it was that she ordered that day. We may have been goofing around as laborors do, or taking our time, whatever. Well, she interprets our actions of bad customer service, taking our time, to be racially motivated.

She remarked to my manager that such and such was happening because she was black. The truth is that I hate blacks and whites all the same, and vise versa.

It's happened before. This black woman came in with a chip on her shoulder. She bitched me out for whatever stupid reason she could think of.

When I'm faced with the problem of a minority race, black in this case, I simply ignore the notion all together. Even if I'm accused of being racist to my face, I simply look the other way because there is nothing I can do to change that persons mind.

Thank you for your response.

Are you a white person?
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Aug 12, 2004, 08:37 PM
Post #4

Unregistered

QUOTE (Non-White Person @ Aug 12, 07:38 PM)

On May 17, 2004, comedian and actor Bill Cosby used the occasion of the fiftieth anniversary of the Brown versus Board of Education decision to publicly chastise blacks for abandoning personal responsibility and attempting to blame their problems on white people. "There is a time when you have to turn the mirror around" Cosby admonished his black audience. Significantly, his comments were not booed but enthusiastically cheered. Is it too much to hope that May 17th will signal the end of phony racism accusations?
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Aug 12, 2004, 08:38 PM
Post #5

Unregistered

I mean, come on, enough with the excuses already
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Aug 12, 2004, 08:39 PM
Post #6

Unregistered

hey Ambient, I clicked on your link (Do Not Click This Hyperlink), and the page took like forever to load. What's up with that?
+Quote Post
Non-White Person
post Aug 12, 2004, 08:41 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Unknown @ Aug 12, 08:37 PM)
QUOTE (Non-White Person @ Aug 12, 07:38 PM)

On May 17, 2004, comedian and actor Bill Cosby used the occasion of the fiftieth anniversary of the Brown versus Board of Education decision to publicly chastise blacks for abandoning personal responsibility and attempting to blame their problems on white people. "There is a time when you have to turn the mirror around" Cosby admonished his black audience. Significantly, his comments were not booed but enthusiastically cheered. Is it too much to hope that May 17th will signal the end of phony racism accusations?

Mr. Cosby said what Mr. Cosby said.

Are you a White Person?

Thank you.
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Aug 12, 2004, 08:44 PM
Post #8

Unregistered

the best way to counter racism is not to give other races any reason to look down on you or your race. You can only go so far with educating people against racism. If anti-racism education comes in conflict with someone's personal observations that certain races are different from others, then what do you think is going to be more convincing, the education or the person's own experience and observations?

This is really a non-issue for me. Yes, I see differences between races; however, I also realize that those racial differences do not necessarily generalize to all individuals within a race, and so I give anyone of any race the benefit of the doubt.
+Quote Post
Non-White Person
post Aug 12, 2004, 08:46 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Unknown @ Aug 12, 08:44 PM)
This is really a non-issue for me.   .

Then why are you here?

Are you a White Person?

Thank you.
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Aug 12, 2004, 08:48 PM
Post #10

Unregistered

with the extensive mixing of cultures and races, is there really such a thing as a pure "white person" anymore? If you make reference to the color of the skin, then would you regard an albino African American as a "white person" or not?

Are you a White Person?
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Aug 12, 2004, 08:50 PM
Post #11

Unregistered

QUOTE (Non-White Person @ Aug 12, 08:46 PM)
QUOTE (Unknown @ Aug 12, 08:44 PM)
This is really a non-issue for me.   .

Then why are you here?

because while racism is a non-issue for me, "anti-racist" whiners, as well as outspoken racist supremicists, are not, and warrant my attention on occasion.
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Aug 12, 2004, 08:52 PM
Post #12

Unregistered

besides, issues of race are always confounded with socio-economics.
+Quote Post
Non-White Person
post Aug 12, 2004, 08:56 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Unknown @ Aug 12, 08:52 PM)
besides, issues of race are always confounded with socio-economics.

Thank you sir/ma'am.

I think I now have enough data to make my analysis.

Have a goodnight and thank you again.
+Quote Post
Non-White Person
post Aug 13, 2004, 10:12 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (Non-White Person @ Aug 12, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (AmbientSnowflake @ Aug 12, 08:10 PM)

Thank you for your response.

Are you a white person?

Are you going to answer my question, AmbientSnowflake?
+Quote Post
AmbientSnowflake
post Aug 13, 2004, 10:47 AM
Post #15

Overlord

QUOTE (Unknown @ Aug 12, 11:39 PM)
hey Ambient, I clicked on your link (Do Not Click This Hyperlink), and the page took like forever to load.  What's up with that?

Heed my warning. I said don't do it. There are some fantastical flash games on there.
+Quote Post
AmbientSnowflake
post Aug 13, 2004, 11:20 AM
Post #16

Overlord

Non-White Person, as I said, the issue of race is not an issue for me. The real civil rights issue that has now entered into the USA's arena is Homosexual Rights. If you want to fight for something that will make a difference in a distant retrospect on history, then campiegn for Homosexual mariages. They are the opressed.

Socio-economic distance between black and whites is large. But if you think about it, long before African Americans gained civil liberty in its present form, the industrial revolution catapolted immigrants, (white,) into large quantities of money that weren't even imagined before the 20th century. Even for me, a lower middle class white man, I find it difficult to exceed the econimic class that I was raised in. One out of four men will make more money than their fathers. Economic classes are distancing greatly as our economy grows larger. Blacks, and whites are on either side. I know a black accountant who is a genius. Interesting fellow, he's upper middle class. I know an Indian, (born in India,) who is in the top 10% of the income bracket, which is $500k+ a year. He worked his a*s off until he was about 28, going to school in Europe. His father was a doctor, grandfather a lawyer, all the men in his extended family are doctors, or lawyers. He's a wiz at technical science. DNA helps. Hard work helps. You're born into a family, you're born into an economic class. More people are falling into the middle class than ever before, and more people are falling into the poverty level than ever before. Opression of blacks through American history has been a factor of the population of blacks in poverty.

I think if someone wants to be racists they have the right to do so. We are free to run our own lives according to the Constitution. I think people as yourself are extremely valuable to civil liberties. Without MLK, who is one of the greatest speakers of our time, probably the most essential to our views of race, the USA would not have dealt with race as it did in the 60s.

I grew up hearing my grandma say the word nigger because she heard her parents say the word nigger. My cousin was seriously involved with a black guy. He was cool. We hung out. It still bothers her. That's her right. Most of my family accepted him. They are allowed to. As am I. I'm alowed to say, "F**K you, you dirty racist bastards who think of someone as lesser than you." We're all people. We've all got stuff.

Bikinis on beaches used to be a big issue, still is for some people. But not for me, I think that's find, whatever the ladies wanna do. If you say we can't be racist then by the same arguemnt I can say you can't be equal because of your skin pigment.

We're all just begining to learn how to get along.

MLK, btw, Letter from Birmingham Jail, is one of the most moving pieces of literature I've ever read. If you have heard of Fanny Lou Haimer, (not sure how to spell her name,) has an incredible story. Azhari has a monologue about this woman's plite for black civil rights in the south. It made me weap.
+Quote Post
Non-White Person
post Aug 13, 2004, 11:47 AM
Post #17

QUOTE (AmbientSnowflake @ Aug 13, 11:20 AM)
race is not an issue for me.

Then why are you here?
Are you a White Person?
Thank you.
+Quote Post
AmbientSnowflake
post Aug 13, 2004, 11:56 AM
Post #18

Overlord

QUOTE (AmbientSnowflake @ Aug 13, 02:20 PM)
Even for me, a lower middle class white man...

I'm white, yes. I'm hear to talk about the questions you asked. I'm giving my perspective on this issue that you have brought to light.

We're all just a bunch of people. People with stuff happening in our lives. Quote anonymust, "Stuff and stuff."

If you want to move for better living conditions for African Americans I'd advice that you improve communities, and work for it until you die. Such is life, that nothing is ever finished. But we die trying. You can't change people. You can only show them who they are acording to your perspectives.

Yes, I'm white.

Did you even read my post?
+Quote Post
anonymust
post Aug 13, 2004, 11:58 AM
Post #19

Unregistered

Non-White Person: nice name b*tch .....HAHAHHAA!

what a gay name

am i now a gay basher?

no.

I dont care
I DO care
I dont care

youre a non white person and so what? is that supposed to be cool now?

this is the internet dude, race/creed should be set aside, if not go on TV and tell everyone youre a non white person

cancel all this: I think youre just starting trouble.

youre a white person cuz a non white person wouldnt even be here.

lol.

im not a racist but if you call me one then i guess i am one, according to you. and its all about you baby, i mean, non white person baby.

youre the racist.

no, cancel that. I dont know whats going. leave me alone.

+Quote Post
Non-White Person
post Aug 13, 2004, 12:33 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (AmbientSnowflake @ Aug 13, 11:56 AM)

I'm white, yes. I'm hear to talk about the questions you asked. I'm giving my perspective on this issue that you have brought to light.

We're all just a bunch of people. People with stuff happening in our lives. Quote anonymust, "Stuff and stuff."

If you want to move for better living conditions for African Americans I'd advice that you improve communities, and work for it until you die. Such is life, that nothing is ever finished. But we die trying. You can't change people. You can only show them who they are acording to your perspectives.

Yes, I'm white.

Did you even read my post?

Thank you sir.

Now...

I don't think you answered my initial question. My initial question was:

Now...

You talked about....

Texes this..

"Minorities" that..

"HisPaNics" (whatever that is) this...

blah...blah...blah...

You said absolutely nothing about what a White person says and/or does to counter White Supremacy(Racism).

I will repost my initial question (again) for your convenience.

Thank You.

+Quote Post
Non-White Person
post Aug 13, 2004, 12:36 PM
Post #21

I'm hear to talk about the questions you asked.

Does that mean that you are here not answer my question?

Thank you.
+Quote Post
AmbientSnowflake
post Aug 13, 2004, 12:41 PM
Post #22

Overlord

My friend, there are no answer. There is only a diologue in which we find a meeting place. Why do people hate on terms of race? I don't know. But I can tell you why I don't.

You start with a hypothosis. You define the question. You search. You get closer to something true.

If you're trying to prove what you already believe about racial issues, then I have no need to talk to you.

If you pose a question to me, and it in turn open my eyes to something, it is only polite to consider my answer.
+Quote Post
Non-White Person
post Aug 13, 2004, 12:43 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (AmbientSnowflake @ Aug 13, 12:41 PM)
My friend, there are no answer.

Are you saying that you have no answer to my question?

Thank you.
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Aug 13, 2004, 12:45 PM
Post #24

Unregistered

QUOTE (Non-White Person @ Aug 13, 12:33 PM)

the question is too vague to answer. Do you mean, what do you personally do, as a white person (whatever "white person" means), to counter white supremacy? Or do you mean, what have white people done, in general, to counter white supremacy? Or do you mean, what can a white person do to counter white supremacy? These are all very different questions, and so it's unclear which of these questions you're asking.

Also, what is your basis for equating white supremacy with racism? They do not seem the same for me. Racism is typically understood as a negative behavioral response to people of other races, whereas white supremacy can mean many things, depending on what whites are supreme in, or wish to be supreme in (for example, politics, intellect, mating and propagation, athletics and physical strength). And so, perhaps people are having some difficulty answering your question because they're not sure how exactly to interpret what you mean.
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Aug 13, 2004, 12:51 PM
Post #25

Unregistered

Non-White Person, are you being effected by racism, directly or indirectly? Are you asking your question to gauge the public mind, to get embroiled in argumentation, or are you just curious to hear various answers to a question you're interested in?
+Quote Post
Non-White Person
post Aug 13, 2004, 12:51 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (Unknown @ Aug 13, 12:45 PM)

the question is too vague to answer.

Then why are you still here?
+Quote Post
AmbientSnowflake
post Aug 13, 2004, 12:54 PM
Post #27

Overlord

QUOTE (Non-White Person @ Aug 13, 03:51 PM)

But seriously, why are you still here?

You came just to start a fight. No diggity, my friend.

Refute my statements head on, or shut up about it.
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Aug 13, 2004, 01:08 PM
Post #28

Unregistered

Non-White Person = the brother from another planet?

+Quote Post
Unknown
post Aug 13, 2004, 01:09 PM
Post #29

Unregistered

QUOTE (Non-White Person @ Aug 13, 12:51 PM)

cause I like you!
+Quote Post
Non-White Person
post Aug 13, 2004, 01:10 PM
Post #30

QUOTE (AmbientSnowflake @ Aug 13, 12:54 PM)
QUOTE (Non-White Person @ Aug 13, 03:51 PM)

But seriously, why are you still here?

My question hasn't been answered.

QUOTE (AmbientSnowflake @ Aug 13, 12:54 PM)
You came just to start a fight.

No sir. That was not my intentions.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2017 - 10:49 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles