BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do You Prevent Negative Thoughts From Controlling Your Mind? (I need your help on this.)
Anthony E.
post Sep 23, 2015, 11:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 37884

Negative thoughts are sadly, inevitable. But how do we really get rid of it? Sometimes, having bad thoughts running inside your mind is a curse and most of the time, it's sickening. It causes anxiety, stress, worries, and such. Aside from keeping your faith sturdy and asking for the guidance of the Divine Providence, what else do you do to shun all of those negative thoughts and stop it from controlling your mind? Need thoughts here...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Sep 24, 2015, 04:45 PM
Post #2

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

QUOTE(Anthony E. @ Sep 23, 2015, 07:18 PM) *

Negative thoughts are sadly, inevitable. But how do we really get rid of it? Sometimes, having bad thoughts running inside your mind is a curse and most of the time, it's sickening. It causes anxiety, stress, worries, and such. Aside from keeping your faith sturdy and asking for the guidance of the Divine Providence, what else do you do to shun all of those negative thoughts and stop it from controlling your mind? Need thoughts here...

Contrast is the stimulus to growth and opportunity, where as complacency and idealization keeps one from evolving.

Living in a world of duality there is no such thing as good without bad. The degree to which you measure either is according to your beliefs and the ability to see beyond the duality as a power that is greater than your cognitive choices, or your ability to evolve beyond superstition and ignorance.
+Quote Post
ValentineOrozco
post Nov 11, 2016, 10:56 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 38425

QUOTE(Anthony E. @ Sep 23, 2015, 11:18 AM) *

No one is responsible for our happiness or our thoughts, only we are. The best way is staying away from negative things and taking positive things.
+Quote Post
Zyou
post Nov 21, 2016, 08:13 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 38343

QUOTE(ValentineOrozco @ Nov 11, 2016, 11:56 PM) *

QUOTE(Anthony E. @ Sep 23, 2015, 11:18 AM) *

No one is responsible for our happiness or our thoughts, only we are. The best way is staying away from negative things and taking positive things.

A word can have a multitude of meanings. The answer you find yourself trying to uncover through the overthinking that leads to anxiety may not be the answer you are looking for next time. A good way to get rid of it is to make these distinctions and definitions on the fly. Use one word to dispel your anxiety. Make the word have many uses, and don't let it exist in absolution. I hope this helps you. If you want to do some reading about it I suggest the historical philosopher Epictetus, on why philosophy should be used to support happiness. This could be used as a method. I don't believe there is an absolute logical method to really help combat this.

Edit- I didn't realize just how old this post was....because it was responded to so recently....I doubt the original poster will even see this information....ha.
+Quote Post
haohao
post Nov 21, 2016, 09:45 PM
Post #5

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

1. First try to think the things you feel relax and then take your issues seriously with a relax attitude. In addition, I thougt it might be precise to use the expression of "negative moods" or negative-effect mind activities.

2. Based on my theories from the post of "Behaviours May Reshape our Cognition in Neuro-level Starting from the Perception" , "The Core of the Human Cognition System"and "The Neuro-signal Channel Theory", to make a small goal and quickly achieve it might be helpful in sovling the similar problem.

3. There're many nice postings and replies around here and enjoy yourselves. "Experience is one way to show your interest and span for the research, which has no direct links with the innovation and best practices. In my opinion, the continuing ability-based performance with interest is the key and the related recognition is important. I thought the essence of the education was the life-long learning and improvements, in which the so-called formal and regular education should be changed into the intensive and flexible learning aiming for the ability-based performances. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.
+Quote Post
Zyou
post Nov 21, 2016, 09:58 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 38343

QUOTE(haohao @ Nov 21, 2016, 10:45 PM) *

1. First try to think the things you feel relax and then take your issues seriously with a relax attitude. In addition, I thougt it might be precise to use the expression of "negative moods" or negative-effect mind activities.

2. Based on my theories from the post of "Behaviours May Reshape our Cognition in Neuro-level Starting from the Perception" , "The Core of the Human Cognition System"and "The Neuro-signal Channel Theory", to make a small goal and quickly achieve it might be helpful in sovling the similar problem.

3. There're many nice postings and replies around here and enjoy yourselves. "Experience is one way to show your interest and span for the research, which has no direct links with the innovation and best practices. In my opinion, the continuing ability-based performance with interest is the key and the related recognition is important. I thought the essence of the education was the life-long learning and improvements, in which the so-called formal and regular education should be changed into the intensive and flexible learning aiming for the ability-based performances. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.

It is clear you are not a professor at this point....in my only other post I have made, also about anxiety, you suggested that animals have an internal monologue. There is philosophy on the subject, and of course countless other opinions. But this is in the enlightenment subforum. I might disagree that "think the things you think feel relax" and "make a small goal and quickly achieve it" are not completely relevant here. These are quick fixes that cannot always be done under extreme anxiety. It is like telling someone to breathe into a paper bag.
+Quote Post
haohao
post Nov 21, 2016, 10:14 PM
Post #7

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

1. I searched in this forum and found that "1. "internal monologue" or mind speaking or mind conception activities , is natural for animals, including human. It might be possible for all the living beings. It is sure to be existing in living beings but in the forms of different layers. " The "internal monologue" here is clearly related with your "Blank Mind" and refers to "mind speaking or mind conception activities" . Without mind conception, there's no possible of any brain functioning activities. If animals have brains, they of course will have mind conception for the surrouding environment and interact with it. It's actually could be a logical issue and if there's some topics academic research, it certainly will be more benefits.

2. As for the quick fix or quick solution you have referred here, in my opinion, proper words or one humorous picture might be used in the condition of extreme anxiety which is criteriaed by being above the "average standard section" of mind activitites or mind activity denisity and close to the systemical point.

3. There're many nice postings and replies around here and hope you enjoy yourselves. "Experience is one way to show your interest and span for the research, which has no direct links with the innovation and best practices. In my opinion, the continuing ability-based performance with interest is the key and the related recognition is important. I thought the essence of the education was the life-long learning and improvements, in which the so-called formal and regular education should be changed into the intensive and flexible learning aiming for the ability-based performances. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 02:05 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles