2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Geniusness
URRGHRHGHYYYAAAAAAH!
post Jun 07, 2007, 10:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 11794

Before I begin - I have one year of university - but nothing related to neurolgy so far; just basic high-school science courses with cell stuff for that.

Now that we got that little matter out of the way, I'd really really like to know, to be blunt, how to become a genius.

I know that, obviously, working hard at intellectual things such as mathematics and reading are key to this; there is no doubt there. But you have to admit, there's only so much a certain mind can do. Some people would have to spend hours figuring something out (i.e. learning it) to get what an inately genius person would figure out in a much shorter time. And aside from that, some people just can't get something. Should they just accept their place at the bottom of the pool and drown from feelings of inferiority?

Intake of DHA Omega-3? Supposed to aide neurons or brain cells or something? Probably not that effective, I think. I've taken the stuff, and did not feel an increase in intellegence (although my intellegence is quite formidable, if I do say so myself; hahaha).

For example, a person with some right-brain deficiencies might have trouble with drawing pictures or have a distaste for music. And, obviously, likewise, a person with left-brain deficiencies might have trouble with mathematics or computer programming.

But I've heard that some people can synchronously use both sides of their brains to solve problems and excel in their field. Like how a mathematician can use their right brain in sync with their left brain to use additional abstract and visualization features for their thinking. Thus, I can easily see how left-brain and right-brain synchronization can aide in geniusness. I saw some website that said lowering the frequency of brainwaves helps enter a mode where the hemisphere synchrony increases. How do you do that?

Being a genius, and constantly improving the time it takes to learn intellectual things, is a good thing, not a bad one, OKAY? The world should emphasize it more, and more research should be put into the matter, because it'd be really cool to know some higher stuff, and to feel yourself excelling. Huhh. I'm not too impressed that people don't jump for joy the second they hear about something that could make them smarter, or how people aren't so distressed when they would achieve anything but an A on a test; something I become distressed about.

When someone finds they are bad at a certain subject, they say, "eh" and move on, maybe even with a smile. I don't want to get off topic (or maybe I do) but that really, literally, makes me want to vomit.

OK, OK, sorry about that. ANYWAY, my final question is such that I want to know EVERYTHING about becoming unimaginably smart. My theory is that people just don't care, because there has GOT to be a way. I mean really smart, not like anything the normal commoners who are okay with sitting at the bottom of a pool with a D are used to seeing.

For example, what about subliminal audio tracks? I've tried it before, but I'm not sure it worked. Like, huhh, just having a tape run through while you're sleeping that says "you want to become smarter," "strive to become smarter," etc.

NOTE: Thank you very much for your responses, please pile'em up! Don't be afraid to say whatever it is you think might increase genius in an individual.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rick
post Jun 07, 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #2

Supreme God

Member No.: 3068

Let me just say that I think you are on the right track. If there were more people like you around, and fewer morons, there would be a lot fewer Republicans in office, and the world would be a lot better off.

Exercise, sleep, and good food, of course are basic. You can't improve your intelligence without fundamental good health. Then, let your natural curiosity run loose. Most dumb people are dumb because they, like our President, are incurious. Develop interests in a wide variety of subjects.
+Quote Post
URRGHRHGHYYYAAAAAAH!
post Jun 07, 2007, 01:11 PM
Post #3

Yes, I agree. One aspect of mental laziness is the laziness of not pursuing what causes you to be curious. One should not stop searching for knowledge.
+Quote Post
maximus242
post Jun 08, 2007, 02:59 AM
Post #4

God

Member No.: 4768

Well, I guess it depends on how you define a genius. Do you go by IQ tests? Or do you look for individual accomplishments?

Cogito Ergo Sum

If you believe you are a genuis then you sub-conscious mind will take steps to cause your mind to be in cohesion with your beliefs. What our mind believes and concieves is what it strives for, so believing and visualizing yourself as a genius - in whatever way you define it. Is the first step.

Albert Einstien once said that Imagination is more important than knowlege.

To have alot of knowlege is to be an encyclopedia. To get good grades on a test does not nessecarily mean you are intelligent, it means you are good at remembering information. There is a diffrence between memorization and intelligence.

Intelligence is about gaining new insights and understanding new information that may have not previously existed before. If you simply memorize information all day, well your no diffrent than any library. It is the ability to not only comprehend but to untilize information that is the dividing line between intelligence and memorization.

What you do with knowlege is more important than how much of it you have. There are people who you could tell one seemingly insignificant piece of information and they could build a billion dollar business off of it (many have). While 99% of the population would not have given such a statement a second thought.

So you see there are also diffrent kinds of intelligence. You could be a musical genuis and a horrible physicist or you could be a polymath and have skills in everything. But the real diffrence between genuis' and the rest of the population is that they gain new insights into things to which were previously unknown.

Einstien had the theory of relativity, Newton had his apple, Leonardo had many diffrent fields, Aristotle had science, philosophy and war. There are so many fields, one could be a genuis in one and a imbicile in another.

So to be a genius is to really become so adept in a field or multiple fields of intrest that you gain new and profound insights into that field, which were previously unknown to the rest of the world.

In other words, you discover things that were previously unknown. Like gravity or relativity. So, first I would say - pick a field you are passionate about, then learn about it to the deepest extent humanly possible.

Its what you do not who you are that defines you.
+Quote Post
URRGHRHGHYYYAAAAAAH!
post Jun 08, 2007, 04:23 AM
Post #5

Yes, I totally agree, maximus242.

But it's not enough to have an apple fall on your head, and a desire to learn about the mechanics of the universe is it? Some people do have brains that are better suited for certain things.

For example, they say Mozart could simultaneously play something like 9 songs in his head at the same time. I have to listen to music (or musac) every day at work (so I know what music sounds like) but I know I cannot keep 2 songs in my head at the same time. Who's going to write the perfect symphony? MAYBE I could train myself to do so, but is that what Mozart decided to do at age 4? The point is that while you could say everyone has their "thing," some people simply have more adept BRAINS. It's only one factor, yes. But it's a big factor.

Now, as I've said before I started whining immaturely in my first post, I have heard lots of times that having right and left brain synchrony helps these "geniuses" gain different insights into their field. For example, my right-brained buddy who can keep 9 songs in his head might also have a left brain that communicates a lot more with the right-brain than is normal in humans. The left-brain pertaining to logical and anylitical areas of thought, this aspect of his brain could give the musician a MATHEMATICAL edge to the composition of music. Look at it this way: if he can see music mathematically; if he can anylitcally recognize patterns in music that sounds good; he can know much better than most people what it takes to write a good song. Are you with me? This is what I'm talking about. It's true that genius often comes from people's deeper insights into a certain field. They see something that someone who got an A+ in every single test in university (who did so because of a good work ethic and keen memorization) does not see.

Finally. What I am dying to know is what can one do. Here's an example reply to this post: '' "URRGHGHYAAA," there is a drug out there [or a mineral or something] that stimulates the corpus callosum [there to communicate with both hemispheres, is it not?] so that information is transferred between both hemispheres at a much larger rate.'' That's something like I want to hear.
I'm not saying it's all about the brain, but it's just so huge a factor. What about brain waves? Tell me about that too, please. Can lowering the frequency of your brain waves obtain such an effect as described above?

THANK YOU very much for your responses. I greatly appreciate any further replies, and I'm sure other people out there do too! Enjoy your week-ends!
+Quote Post
Orbz
post Jun 08, 2007, 05:44 AM
Post #6

Overlord

Member No.: 6770

Lowering brain waves will for the most part get you to a different mental state, namely being relaxed, dreamy and then finally to sleep. Whether it has any benefit in increasing left and right hemisphere communication is not something I've seen in the scientific literature but certainly in more alternative literature. Recently there has been a lot of interest in high frequency oscillations (gamma bands around 30 - 80 Hz), both power and synchrony. These have been hypothesized to account for initial sensory awareness, decision making, working memory, conscious perception, feature binding, semantic congruency, associative learning and it's even been hypothesized to be one of the neural correlates of consciousness and to correlate with certain experiences of qualia.

It's not that lower brain frequencies aren't unimportant, it's just that there's more to it than just aiming for lower oscillations. These higher frequencies seem to more about functional communication between different brain areas than lower ones.
+Quote Post
URRGHRHGHYYYAAAAAAH!
post Jun 08, 2007, 01:04 PM
Post #7

Hmm..
So you talk about lowering and raising brain wave frequencies as though it is possible to do it by yourself. Is it possible? What about binaural beats? I've heard so much about them but is there a lot of evidence for this working?

I saw a website (actually, more than one) that suggests making these "brain wave machine" goggles that have LEDs on the lens that oscillate between on and off at a certain amount of cycles per second. Their claim is that your brain will adjust to the frequency and the brain wave's frequency will tend to the frequency of the LEDs. Is this rock-solid? The website also claims that a frequency in the Alpha range causes "super learning." Is this true? Can lowering your brain waves to this range cause you to learn at a greater rate?

I just wrote a simple applet that oscillates 6 bright-green circles that are divided by a line and are symmetrical. (The division by the line is just by an educated guess that the circles in each side might be divided into each eye, and therefore, each hemisphere of the brain.) How effective do you think this would be? I felt little to no result, after staring into it for about 2 minutes.
Thanks for further replies.
+Quote Post
maximus242
post Jun 08, 2007, 11:45 PM
Post #8

God

Member No.: 4768

As someone who has extensivly looked into the effects of brain waves and the EEG frequencies generated by the brain. Let me say this, no one has found any sort of genuis frequency.

However frequencies above 12.5 are associated with high level thinking that requires larger resources from the brain than usual. Also, listening to frequencies that are above 40hz and below 100hz is not recommended. Try listening to a binaural at 40hz and you will understand why.

For high level thinking or rather thinking which requires an exponential amount of effort on behalf of the brain, you should aim for about 18 hz. I do have a binaural I designed known as Act of Cognition, it was an experiment in trying to stimulate strong congnitive abilities through frequencies.

However, that binaural is at the upper limits of what you can do with BB. Most people only know about the four catagorized sets of brain waves, but are unaware that individual frequencies such as 7.5 can cause seperate effects.

While it is true that hypnosis occurs in the 8.5 to 12.5 range, it is actually possible to cause this at one half hz, which also happens to be the frequency at which a hypnotist swings a watch in order to cause a more relaxed and open state of mind.

Frequencies are not going to make you a genuis, they can be used as an aid but TMS is more powerful. Especially in boosting creativity.
+Quote Post
sleek
post Jul 06, 2007, 03:16 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 12067

QUOTE(URRGHRHGHYYYAAAAAAH! @ Jun 07, 2007, 09:46 PM) *

Before I begin - I have one year of university - but nothing related to neurolgy so far; just basic high-school science courses with cell stuff for that.

Now that we got that little matter out of the way, I'd really really like to know, to be blunt, how to become a genius.

I know that, obviously, working hard at intellectual things such as mathematics and reading are key to this; there is no doubt there. But you have to admit, there's only so much a certain mind can do. Some people would have to spend hours figuring something out (i.e. learning it) to get what an inately genius person would figure out in a much shorter time. And aside from that, some people just can't get something. Should they just accept their place at the bottom of the pool and drown from feelings of inferiority?

Intake of DHA Omega-3? Supposed to aide neurons or brain cells or something? Probably not that effective, I think. I've taken the stuff, and did not feel an increase in intellegence (although my intellegence is quite formidable, if I do say so myself; hahaha).

For example, a person with some right-brain deficiencies might have trouble with drawing pictures or have a distaste for music. And, obviously, likewise, a person with left-brain deficiencies might have trouble with mathematics or computer programming.

But I've heard that some people can synchronously use both sides of their brains to solve problems and excel in their field. Like how a mathematician can use their right brain in sync with their left brain to use additional abstract and visualization features for their thinking. Thus, I can easily see how left-brain and right-brain synchronization can aide in geniusness. I saw some website that said lowering the frequency of brainwaves helps enter a mode where the hemisphere synchrony increases. How do you do that?

Being a genius, and constantly improving the time it takes to learn intellectual things, is a good thing, not a bad one, OKAY? The world should emphasize it more, and more research should be put into the matter, because it'd be really cool to know some higher stuff, and to feel yourself excelling. Huhh. I'm not too impressed that people don't jump for joy the second they hear about something that could make them smarter, or how people aren't so distressed when they would achieve anything but an A on a test; something I become distressed about.

When someone finds they are bad at a certain subject, they say, "eh" and move on, maybe even with a smile. I don't want to get off topic (or maybe I do) but that really, literally, makes me want to vomit.

OK, OK, sorry about that. ANYWAY, my final question is such that I want to know EVERYTHING about becoming unimaginably smart. My theory is that people just don't care, because there has GOT to be a way. I mean really smart, not like anything the normal commoners who are okay with sitting at the bottom of a pool with a D are used to seeing.

For example, what about subliminal audio tracks? I've tried it before, but I'm not sure it worked. Like, huhh, just having a tape run through while you're sleeping that says "you want to become smarter," "strive to become smarter," etc.

NOTE: Thank you very much for your responses, please pile'em up! Don't be afraid to say whatever it is you think might increase genius in an individual.

I would like to tell you how to become a Genius, . The problem is it is not genes,enviroment or birth, but it is a spontaneous event. The only valid geniuses are Karl marx,Einstein, & a few abstact ones which i know thru my research. I have discovered patterns on geniuses unknown to many. If u were to read Burt Hirschfeld (the Ewings of Dallas) pg 46-48 (corgi edition) , you will see the first point of a genius. Burt hirschfeld in subsequent books has written about that specific event which causes the transformation from a normal human to an exceptionally talented person.

Thanks. U just cant be one unless u are the chosen one, but u can only be smart.

+Quote Post
sleek
post Jul 06, 2007, 07:34 AM
Post #10

Hi,
Anyone who is doing a paper on genius or is searching for a subject for a thesis can contact me as I have new discoveries on genius which are yet to be documented. Pls note that i want to be able to supply good, solid evidence, I cannot do it all on my own, I need a 2nd person to validate my findings on genius. Pls note we may have to go in the direction of Erich Von Daniken (hope u know who he is), to look at ancient patterns of genius in myths.

Thanks.
+Quote Post
kortikal
post Jul 06, 2007, 08:49 AM
Post #11

Awakening

Member No.: 4755

QUOTE(sleek @ Jul 06, 2007, 08:34 AM) *

Hi,
Anyone who is doing a paper on genius or is searching for a subject for a thesis can contact me as I have new discoveries on genius which are yet to be documented. Pls note that i want to be able to supply good, solid evidence, I cannot do it all on my own, I need a 2nd person to validate my findings on genius. Pls note we may have to go in the direction of Erich Von Daniken (hope u know who he is), to look at ancient patterns of genius in myths.

Thanks.

What discoveries?

+Quote Post
sleek
post Jul 08, 2007, 12:48 AM
Post #12

Hi Korkikal,
I know these things because i think i have a special talent, cant u hook me up with a neuroscientist who can harness my talents, I am in a Third World country and my talent is not being harnessed for the greater good.

Thanks.
+Quote Post
paranoia
post May 08, 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 31698

My website is a series of steps to raise your IQ. paranoiaci . echoz . com
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post May 11, 2009, 01:31 PM
Post #14

Supreme God

Member No.: 845

QUOTE(sleek @ Jul 06, 2007, 04:34 PM) *
Pls note we may have to go in the direction of Erich Von Daniken (hope u know who he is), to look at ancient patterns of genius in myths.
Well known scammer!
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post May 11, 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #15

Supreme God

Geniuses are bright people in the right place at the right time. Many (mainly black) probably don't make it out of childhood to be recognized. Better to discuss education for all than the few genius that stand out as able to have demonstrated their abilities. I doubt Einstein could have put the last brick on the Empire State or stepped out onto the moon. (BTW I'm his biggest fan).
+Quote Post
astroidea
post May 14, 2009, 04:26 AM
Post #16

Aspiring

Member No.: 22853

QUOTE(Hey Hey @ May 11, 2009, 02:36 PM) *

Geniuses are bright people in the right place at the right time. Many (mainly black) probably don't make it out of childhood to be recognized. Better to discuss education for all than the few genius that stand out as able to have demonstrated their abilities. I doubt Einstein could have put the last brick on the Empire State or stepped out onto the moon. (BTW I'm his biggest fan).

somewhat of a factor, but i wouldn't consider it a dominating factor, and either way, it's a moot point to consider. holding such attitudes that it's all a game of luck would only be self defeating.
i'd say geniuses are those who follow their heart, and they'll grow in the most beautiful and creative way.
i like how my ex represented it in my avatar.
+Quote Post
Rick
post May 14, 2009, 08:59 AM
Post #17

Supreme God

Every healthy person has the potential for genius in following what is loved.
+Quote Post
Enki
post May 14, 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #18

Supreme God

Member No.: 3458

QUOTE(Rick @ May 14, 2009, 08:59 AM) *

Every healthy person has the potential for genius in following what is loved.

Yes indeed!
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post May 15, 2009, 05:36 PM
Post #19

Supreme God

QUOTE(astroidea @ May 14, 2009, 01:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Hey Hey @ May 11, 2009, 02:36 PM) *

somewhat of a factor, but i wouldn't consider it a dominating factor, and either way, it's a moot point to consider. holding such attitudes that it's all a game of luck would only be self defeating.
i'd say geniuses are those who follow their heart, and they'll grow in the most beautiful and creative way.
i like how my ex represented it in my avatar.
You're not one to fight for opportunity for all then? Following one's heart is quite difficult when immersed in choleric diarrhea or when supine with the agony of tuberculosis joints. Look outside the US - there's a whole world out there! Surprise !!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
crabchicken
post May 16, 2009, 04:20 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 32126

working with genius should be the only promising way to become a genius.
we getto know how genius think and what they do only when we work with them.
+Quote Post
Enki
post May 16, 2009, 08:15 AM
Post #21

Supreme God

QUOTE(crabchicken @ May 16, 2009, 04:20 AM) *

I think hardly that 'secret' can be revealed in that simple way. Though who knows.
I heard that in Calteck it was welcomed the Nobel Laureates in easy going way to communicate with students and young researchers to stimulate their creativity.
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post May 16, 2009, 06:44 PM
Post #22

Supreme God

QUOTE(crabchicken @ May 16, 2009, 01:20 PM) *

I don't think one can become a genius. One either is or is not. Anyway, let's define what we mean by genius first. As I tried to indicate above, Einstein (if he was a genius) was only a cog in the machine, like the refuse collector. Working with geniuses - humm, I think you mean observing them, otherwise you just become a slave to a genius. But I repeat, what is a genius? Was Einstein a genius? Was Mozart a genius? Was Michelangelo a genius? Is Obama a genius?
+Quote Post
Rick
post May 18, 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #23

Supreme God

Obama is inspired, much as Abraham Lincoln was. Reading some Lincoln quotes reminds me of Obama.
+Quote Post
Enki
post May 19, 2009, 11:17 AM
Post #24

Supreme God

QUOTE(Rick @ May 18, 2009, 10:24 AM) *

Obama is inspired, much as Abraham Lincoln was. Reading some Lincoln quotes reminds me of Obama.

Sir Winston wrote an interesting book citing Lincoln, the book is called 'Crisis' (I read it, nice pencil pictures therein); while sleeping in the White House Sir Winston have seen the ghost of Lincoln. Interesting, does your new president drink tea with Abraham at nights? I am just curious.

Hope you do not want to say that Abraham reincarnated.
+Quote Post
Rick
post May 19, 2009, 11:57 AM
Post #25

Supreme God

Sorry, there is no mechanism for reincarnation, so it's not possible. Similarly for telepathy. Most so-called ESP phenomena is easily explained as unconscious sensory perception.
+Quote Post
Enki
post May 20, 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #26

Supreme God

President Ford was sure that he is reincarnated Roman (or something like that) military man if I remember correctly, read about that somewhere. I am not sure is it true or not.

Hope, eventually, science shall clarify that matter, somehow.
+Quote Post
Rick
post May 20, 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #27

Supreme God

And General Patton thought he was reincarnated Hannibal. He was wrong too. Delusions abound, don't they? It seems the deluded always think they were famous in their "past lives."
+Quote Post
Enki
post May 20, 2009, 11:38 AM
Post #28

Supreme God

QUOTE(Rick @ May 20, 2009, 11:30 AM) *

And General Patton thought he was reincarnated Hannibal. He was wrong too. Delusions abound, don't they? It seems the deluded always think they were famous in their "past lives."

Yes of course, all great people are idiots and only you Doctor Rick and the rest of illuminated bastards are the apex of truth on this planet.
+Quote Post
Rick
post May 20, 2009, 11:47 AM
Post #29

Supreme God

If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.
+Quote Post
Enki
post May 20, 2009, 12:00 PM
Post #30

Supreme God

QUOTE(Rick @ May 20, 2009, 11:47 AM) *

If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.

---
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th March 2017 - 09:57 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles