BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> gamma frequencies riding on theta or delta frequencies, what would it look like?
body mystic
post Sep 26, 2016, 08:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 38369

I've done some searching, and it seems that certain mystical states can be correlated with certain brain wave frequencies. For example, I've heard that the prevalence of gamma frequencies in the brain come about through devoted contemplation or philosophizing, leading to "high energy ecstasy," and I've heard of theta and delta waves coming about through deep meditation, leading to an immensely restful "tranquility" or a profound "peace of mind."

What do you think the neurophysiological consequence is of these "high" (gamma) and "low" (theta or delta) frequencies "riding" on each other or being integrated together? In a way, I think it would be a synthesis of "sobriety" and "intoxication," but I was wondering what you all think from a neuroscience perspective.

Disclaimer: I apologize for any naivety when talking about brain wave frequencies.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haohao
post Sep 27, 2016, 01:11 AM
Post #2

Awakening

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 38120

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

1. I thought I have seen a paper submission on the brain wave several years ago, and it has mentioned that the future development of the human brain wave communications.

2. In my humblest opinion, the megnetic field could affect the quality of the brain waves received and send. Might we could call it brain megnetic field.

3. In my view, the waves might influence the brain functioning of the brains so as to change the mind activities or mind conception constrcution.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 08:23 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles