Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quote, Immagination
marianna canu
post Jan 11, 2013, 08:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 34816

When curiosity has ceased, imagination has died.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jan 13, 2013, 12:27 PM
Post #2

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

QUOTE(marianna canu @ Jan 12, 2013, 04:18 AM) *

Not so if the imagination is stilled by the awe of the present moment. Give it a moment and it will come out again to play.
+Quote Post
Lizard King
post Jan 16, 2013, 12:30 AM
Post #3

Demi-God

Member No.: 24730

Please take my hand joesus, i believe it is time to come home.

&

No more silly monkey buisiness, just good love.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jan 16, 2013, 07:45 AM
Post #4

Supreme God

QUOTE(Lizard King @ Jan 16, 2013, 08:30 AM) *

Please take my hand joesus, i believe it is time to come home.

&

No more silly monkey buisiness, just good love.

Home is where the heart is..

The heart always flows as a river to the ocean, and yet is the ocean. It is both the river and the ocean. To deny one or the other is to disconnect yourself from the potential of the ocean.

Some have little imagination, for they want to define the ocean and deny the river that feeds it, because it does not fit into their imagination of what is in the Ocean.

Good love bad love, who is to know? The relative precepts that are bound by the experience of the personal river often limits the scope of vision and the imagination to reveal what is real.

It was what Jesus faced with the Pharisees and the Sadducees when he used to hang out with tax collectors and and prostitutes, and what he also faced when he was told to smite the Pharisees and the Sadducees by the people in general.

Love does not divide, but rather unites all as ONE (as they are). Yet the limited of vision wants to unite all diversity into one ideal.

The limited imagination fails to find the ideal within all diverse objects, conditions and reflections of the ONE, when the ONE is reduced to a religious box.
+Quote Post
Laz
post Jan 27, 2014, 07:05 AM
Post #5

Demi-God

Group: Full Member
Member No.: 255

Hey Joesus, I'm very glad to see you are still here preaching smile.gif While pondering my own trip down the river you speak of, my thoughts turned to you and i sought out mindbrain once again. I think i need some of your particular assistance.
+Quote Post
lauder
post Dec 05, 2014, 10:43 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 37466

QUOTE(Joesus @ Jan 16, 2013, 07:45 AM) *

I think it means that whatever we think most about, whatever we do most and so on - there is our heart.
Like someone may consider himself a religious man but spend his time in an impious way.... so...
+Quote Post
phil
post Feb 20, 2015, 01:32 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 37568

QUOTE(marianna canu @ Jan 11, 2013, 08:18 PM) *

I AM WHAT
I AM TODAY
BECAUSE OF THE CHOSE
OF MY YESTERDAY
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Feb 21, 2015, 07:54 AM
Post #8

Supreme God

QUOTE(lauder @ Dec 05, 2014, 06:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Joesus @ Jan 16, 2013, 07:45 AM) *

I think it means that whatever we think most about, whatever we do most and so on - there is our heart.
Like someone may consider himself a religious man but spend his time in an impious way.... so...

Not exactly. We can think 100,000 thoughts per day according to research, yet not all thoughts are the same nor do they connect to similar desires. Some are stress related and most are of the past. A lot of people use the phrase "Follow your heart", or "In my heart of hearts" yet both seem to indicate an idea that the heart is both emotionally driven and full of desires.

Ever had a notion you had to do something that made no sense to your way of thinking yet you did it anyway. Such is an impulse that is driven by consciousness at a level beyond the subconscious level of 100,000 thoughts per day. The reason the conflict arises in hesitation and the question of how does the impulse make sense, is because it comes from a level of thinking that is superior to the repetitive 100,000 thoughts the ego uses to rally its definitions of self and reality.
QUOTE(phil @ Feb 20, 2015, 09:32 AM) *

I AM WHAT
I AM TODAY
BECAUSE OF THE CHOSE (Choice)
OF MY YESTERDAY

The above is typical of the ego's idea in identification. I am what I am because of the accumulated choices and outcomes of those experiences... Just one problem. Relatively speaking when identifying with time and space it leaves one with no identity at the beginning of ones linear timeline. Based on the idea that you become the totality of your choices and experiences, this idea means at birth you have no identity, memory or conscious awareness of self until someone fills you up with ideas to give you a jump start to who you are or will become.
Basically this means you are programmed by your parents and society thru the social and educational system to function as you will, to take their torch and run with it.

Who (was the you that) makes the first choice?

Science says your "will" to accept and or reject certain programs, are based on the circuitry and chemical makeup that results from your DNA and "That" is a closed system.... huh.gif rolleyes.gif wacko.gif

If Hitler were a geneticists his goal would be to find a way to switch you to take up and run with the Aryan roles of his choosing. Today however someone sets a standard and science works for them to genetically alter you to behave as the authority defines human perfection. Until then the educational system is the best they got for telling you what you should live up to in the way of goals and definitions, and it (the system) grades you for meeting, or failing to meet the expectations of that system. Your report card offers the method of control to allow your parents to restrain or praise you for your behavior while not in social programming (school).

If you agree with this and take out the idea that you had no consciousness at birth or free will then you are basically a product..

Interestingly enough this is the argument assumed and used against the pro lifers who base their arguments against abortion on the fact that life begins when the sperm invades the egg and cellular construction assumes divine properties of life as individuality.

Consciousness.. is it emergent due to chemical outcomes or does it precede and guide chemical properties and their spectacular abilities to produce self awareness and creativity in contemplation and artistic display?

The age old question of who am "I"

Joseph Campbell often used the phrase "Follow your bliss" and he always believed that myth was connected to fact, and that not all facts maintain their purity in passing down stories from one to another. JJ Dewey often uses the example of a game called "Chinese whispers" to illustrate the fact that when you take a group of people and pass a story from one to another, when it reaches the final person and comes back to the original 1st story teller, it (the story) has changed and lost its original understanding and meaning.

Such is the fate of philosophy and spirituality, and how they become religion.

The first enlightened individuals who speak of their revelations and experiences give away their inspiration driven revelations to minds that have not experienced their glory, and it gets distorted in interpretation through various identities with beliefs and superstition.
Perhaps this is why western science doesn't believe the human instrument is equal to the bench made instruments made by a group of individuals, who come to a democratic solution to what the instrument shall measure and the authoritative outcomes it will produce again by democratic decree.(Kinda like making an instrument designed to measure something no one really has an experience of, and is only imagined. It must work because that's what it's supposed to do... right?)

The heart is above and beyond intellectual and emotional democracy as well as any identification with programs of accumulated experience. It is not filled with emotional love or a love of one thing over another. It sees utility in all things as well as how all things are connected. The thing is, the ego which is driven by both fear and emotion often takes the position of what is best as interpreted by programming and the outward dictated authority. Sensibility is monitored by the fear of condemnation in the measure of worth as dictated by others.
We learn to objectify thru shaming and personal measures shared in social media and by government standards.

There is a saying, "The heart knows no reason"

Few live above and beyond the reasons for living, that are not dictated by others.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2017 - 11:55 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles