Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My stack
MetaMan
post Jun 08, 2015, 08:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 37719

Hi guys, new here but I've been doing a lot of research into the psychology and neuroscience of cognitive enhancement the last few months.

In my research, I found that lowering stress improves memory retention and productivity, being happier or mindful also does this, and anything that increases BDNF levels.

A brief history of myself - I'm 20 years old, have been working out consistently for about 4 years now and got into bodybuilding and educating myself on proper nutrition. Interestingly, I found a lot of the things that go along with simply getting lean and that I used in my food already contributed to increased levels of BDNF (curcumin, nuts, berries, etc). This last year, I began experimenting and researching psychedelics and meditation as part of a school paper, and I found incredible similarities between the two.

That said, my protocol for cognitive enhancement would be as follows (note, I have not tried typical 'nootropics')

5-10mg adderall when needed (have not tried modafinil due to money/availbility)
Huperzine A (will be trying soon)
5g creatine monohydrate (neuroprotective, atp, yada yada)
.1-.3g psilocybin containing mushrooms (microdosing LSD would be better, but availability issues..discuss further)
200-400mg caffeine taken 2-3x a day
250mg l-theanine with caffeine (anxiolytic, works with caffeine to promote alertness without negative sides)
will be adding L-tyrosine soon also (reduces stress, acts synergistcally with caffeine)
400mg DMAE 2x a day
3-5 cups of green tea, OR could supplement with green tea extract
yohimbine HCL 6-15mg spread out through day (increases blood flow)
when available 30-90mg ephedrine HCL spread out throughout day (bronchodilator, acts synergistically with caffine for fat loss - more open lungs, more oxygen)

diet:
4-12 whole eggs daily
walnuts
blueberries
grapes
spinach

are consumed daily typically
Other foods are based around dietary goals suited to my sport/fitness goals at the time
I do not eat processed sugar and my sugar is limited to fruits/veggies
other carbs come from lentils, oatmeal, and occasionally jasmine or brown rice, sweet potatos

Essentially I eat paleo/bulletproof, but I didn't realize it was called this

I also follow an intermittent fasting protocol and meditate 10-30 minutes a day, but will be working on doing this more over time

I workout or do some physical activity at least everyday

I have never thought clearer in my life over the last few months of following this protocol, memory is better, mood is better, I have effectively cured myself of depression, bipolar, and any social anxiety I had prior to starting and in general, life is F**KING awesome.

Improve your brain, improve your perception, and that is your world. Better brain - better life.

It should be noted I also take testosterone replacement and regularly get bloodwork done to optimize my hormone balance.

I'll work on adding the studies I based all of my supplements from given my cognitive goals and will continue to update here. I'll be looking into adding in a few other things over the next few months once funds are available.

I know a lot of you guys talk about stacks - but exercise, diet, and things like meditation/yoga/clearing your mind I believe are also VITAL. Not only that, meditation is free and has been shown to increase levels of BDNF just by learning to clear your mind. I sort of think our brains are like computers and meditation is just basically learning how to control all the spam from our daily lives, or sort of like defragging a computer. Helps consolidate memory just like sleep but in less time. AMAZING to do with a study protocol - study 30 mins, take 5 break, repeat, every 4 hours take a break to eat, meditate for 30 mins..sort of like taking a nap.

Psychedelics also have incredibly potential from my research - I will elaborate on this more, just wanted to get this posted for now to get some feed back or questions so that I can begin contributing.

In my free time, I'm teaching myself german and coding as well. Never been easier. I am a student but off for the summer and looking into learning more about genetics/microbiology/electronics now in order to contribute to the DIYbio movement.

Thanks guys! Love it here, and so happy to have found a place I feel that I can contribute and learn from smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kennyS
post Feb 29, 2016, 05:02 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 38100

Looking at your diet I feel a huge lack of protein, don't you ?!
+Quote Post
The Smart One
post May 03, 2018, 10:24 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 38723

QUOTE(kennyS @ Feb 29, 2016, 03:02 AM) *

Looking at your diet I feel a huge lack of protein, don't you ?!

One egg contains, on average, about 13g of protein. If MetaMan eats between 4 and 12 whole eggs each day, that's between 52g and 156g of protein daily. The recommended daily dosage of protein is about 0.8g per kg of body weight. So, he's pretty well covered assuming his weight is not outside the 65kg (143lbs) to 195kg (430lbs) range.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2018 - 06:40 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

BrainMeta is supported by donors of The Neurological Foundation. Donate today to help support us.