Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ritual Magic
Cortex
post Oct 29, 2007, 01:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 13572

Does anyone here practice Ritual Magic and or NLP as a means of self transformation?
I have found that synthesizing the techniques of Bandler and Grinder with the magical works of Crowley to be quite powerful.

Anyone?

Cortex
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Enki
post Oct 29, 2007, 04:47 PM
Post #2

Supreme God

Member No.: 3458

Hardly someone here will positively respond to your question.
People here are much more inclined to scientific approaches,
rather than those you describe.

I think anyone should withstand of synthesizing anything with Crowley’s approach as it may yield quite negative results.

Crowley’s approach utilizes mental keys which draw along too specific sentiments and being coupled with NLP may transform into very aggressive black magic. I think that the self transformation will not gain any positive direction out of such synergy.

Reassignment of intensive emotions to certain set of linguistic constructs used in NLP may cause brain reconstruction on very deep level. That may wake up archaic archetypes which better to sleep. Besides that the surrounding media of people will get triggered by presence of such a specific perturbation (if to suppose that telepathic data transfer is partially possible), this in turn will lead to vehement counter- reaction of the entire media to any non-standard buoyant traced nearby (under the buoyant consider the self transformed person utilizing the product of the synthesis you mention).
In my humble opinion the counter- reaction will be such that it will stop any desire to practice such transformations.
I find nothing to add more to the subject than that.
+Quote Post
forgottenpresence
post Oct 29, 2007, 08:11 PM
Post #3

Overlord

Member No.: 12281

My ritual of choice is trance dancing around a fire on ayahuasca at a festival with many people, it surely is magical and utterly transformative.
+Quote Post
forgottenpresence
post Oct 29, 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #4

Overlord

Member No.: 12281

http://www.llewellynencyclopedia.com/article/115
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Nov 06, 2007, 04:32 AM
Post #5

God

Member No.: 5681

I have the Geisha - The Lesser Keys of Solomon, not for any ritual usage, even Crowley added a foreword that states all the demons available to summon are simply aspects of the mind. What interested me was the quantity of demons, 72, which is also the number of names of God in the Kabbalah. Its also the internal degrees of a pentagon if its disected by lines to each point. 360/5 = 72. This is the main reason I'm interested, the importance of the pentagram and 72 to these aspects of the mind.

As far as I can make out, ritual magic is simply a formal way of willing your world to change. We all know a change in attitude changes your own private world and often many other peoples. Black magic only exists as a type of chocolate and in films, until I've seen evidence to the contrary that wont change anytime soon.
+Quote Post
Enki
post Nov 09, 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #6

Supreme God

So the moral is "do not eat too much chocolate."
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Nov 10, 2007, 10:00 AM
Post #7

God

Member No.: 5681

Your comparison in another thread about the English tea party being a modern ritual is very perceptive of you Enki. We have lots of rituals in our lives, the only difference being the intent of each ritual.
+Quote Post
Enki
post Nov 10, 2007, 12:40 PM
Post #8

Supreme God

I agree Trojan, but the tea is other case, quite other case. At the same time one should consider what in real stands behind those things, at least those who set rituals or something like that must inform all about the true nature of some elements, at least make known some specific details if not directly then by very certain clues so the seeker can easily disclose the background.

E.g. if some Christians one day get to know what in true stands behind myrrh oil (the holy stuff) putting on face during baptizing and not washing the face and other parts of the body for 3 days (or drawing down into water), then hardly they all will be so active in all rituals of the Christianity. And certainly those who will get aware about details will withstand of entering into catacombs in Rome.

Details may convert black rituals into white and holy and holy rituals into black and morbid. We live in complex world.

In some countries a virgin lady is considered a goddess until loosing the virginity, but this year one virgin lady was discarded as goddess only because she made a trip to US, so the change of the Geographic location became an option, such events (details) sometimes reveal the true nature of some rituals. So making bridges over rivers can have dual cause as well and the building of the Great Chinese wall and putting people corps into it may have had some specific dual applications as well. One Chinese emperor, who has a magnificent tomb, once ordered to burn all ancient manuscripts, his intentions are explicable but they can have dual cause as well.

Our world perception depends on details. Details change - all changes. Most of the people dealing with magical stuff forget about details.
+Quote Post
Enki
post Nov 10, 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #9

Supreme God

But I once again suggest not to go into details outside of the tea club. smile.gif laugh.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 06:55 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles