BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Cosmic Serpent, compulsive reading!
trojan_libido
post Nov 09, 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #1

God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 5681

I finally read this after someone pointed me to it when they read my own views on the serpent. I was purposely refraining from reading it because I was writing a book about my own spiritual quest, a thing which is entirely possible today using media like the internet and libraries. My own fascination with entheogens started from natural hallucinations, but I'm extremely interested in this sacrament.

His goal was originally to help the communities fight the encroaching western world which sold a total of half a million acres of tribal land for $21000. The writer is clearly skeptical of the mythologies displayed in indigenous Amazonian tribes stories of how they obtained their botanical mastery, but after he tries their sacrament to maintain relationships with them, his world is shattered. He becomes obsessive about the serpent imagery, because the sacrament produces true hallucinations and he encounters twin serpents.

He begins to research the serpent archetype and begins to draw correlations to the DNA in all living things, pondering whether what the shaman say could be true. Eventually, after a few incidents of mystical enlightenment and burning obsession, he reluctantly begins to take the esoteric shamans words as reality in search of the mechanisms behind the vivid hallucinations.

I recommend this book to anyone with an interest in ancient religion, symbolism, the occult, alternative histories and entheogens. It almost mirrors my own experiences - a creative burst and spiritual passion ever since that point - except I'm confined to a 9-to-5 job and locally available information. I purposely didnt read this book because the reviews sounded so like my own ideas that I didnt want to subconsciously plagiarise this work, however its more concise than my own meanderings and very short to boot.

There is a reason for the serpent imagery, and his hypothesis breaks old orthodox views, something he's well aware of, but he has to follow it through to the end conclusion. The Universe is spinning, and the twin serpent creators have been within us and guiding us from the moment of our conception.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Enki
post Nov 10, 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #2

Supreme God

Member No.: 3458

Name of the Book, name of the author?

The Cosmic Serpent is that the name?
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Nov 10, 2007, 09:56 AM
Post #3

God

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cosmic_Serpent
+Quote Post
Enki
post Nov 10, 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #4

Supreme God

Thank you I am sorry too lazy.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Nov 12, 2007, 03:47 AM
Post #5

God

Here's the author answering a few questions on the books premise:
http://deoxy.org/narbystew.htm
+Quote Post
Enki
post Nov 12, 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #6

Supreme God

Thank you.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Nov 14, 2007, 08:38 AM
Post #7

God

To take a more visual approach to what the author describes, take a look at the early development period of an embryo, paying particular attention to the shape of sperm and the subsequent foetus up until 4 weeks...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenatal_development

Biological bodies are described from these primordial 'serpents' of DNA. Our consciousness is seated within the brain, and its the alteration of this organ that brings about visions. If we accept the premise of the book, no matter how difficult some may find it, then the shape of the brain should have similarities to this serpent form. The seat of our soul (consciousness) is within this organ after all.

Indeed the human brain does look like a nest of worms, as you probably noticed when you first saw it but have since been desensitised to this. The brain, as well as most other parts of the body, displays a duality (creativity vs. logic) which seems to be a part of our psychological makeup.

Other less intelligent animal brains have less pronounced forms, the mouse brain is a case in point. But check out this type of stony coral, nicknamed brain coral:

This serpentine form does seem to be a primordial or early form, without looking at any of the shamanic and scientific evidence presented in this and many other books. In a fractal universe this form would be repeated up throughout the pattern of life, which indeed seems to be what has happened. Seeing serpents in hallucinations doesn't seem very unnatural if you look a bit deeper into it...
+Quote Post
Enki
post Nov 25, 2007, 07:59 AM
Post #8

Supreme God

Cool.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Nov 26, 2007, 05:42 AM
Post #9

God

I seem to notice the twin serpent theme in the strangest of places, I guess what you look for is what you find, but this example raised my eyebrow. Some english pound coins have an entwined sinusoidal line around the edge. One sharp and masculine, one wavy and feminine like I've tried to convey below (but overlapped).

/ (
\ )
/ (
\ )
/ (
\ )

I'd love to know who did this design. Was it an afterthought, did the person know about the yin-yang or religious and symbolic male-female art? Usually its just text around the edge, so this stood out to me. I just find it strange that the same design keeps coming back, in new and varied forms. It just makes Jungs archetypes of the mind even more plausible.
+Quote Post
Enki
post Nov 26, 2007, 10:37 AM
Post #10

Supreme God

All these are traces of secret society known as freemasons. laugh.gif
Or it is just a tail of the Global Consciousness.

When I was a child I was told that divine beings like to put signs of their presence (like a signature) for future generations so a dreamy boy or a girl be able to trace the divine smile between the lines in books and in the mosaic of the nature.

Everything helps approach works here as well. Those who seek they find.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Nov 27, 2007, 06:28 AM
Post #11

God

The image of the bird Goddess appeared in Egypt in early predynastic times (4000 b.c.) as funerary figures with strongly beaked faces and winglike arms and hands. These painted terracota figures, less than a foot high and much alike, were found in graves in Mohamerian, near Edfu. They serve as a superb blend of bird, woman and deity. Their greatly enlarged posteriors are a representation of the cosmic or primal egg. In Egyptian myth, the generation of the primal egg takes place in what is known as the time of non-being where the sublime goose appears among the imperishable stars. While the world is still flooded by silence, the voice of the great cackler breaks the stillness, and she lays the egg containing the germ of life. From her egg burst forth a bird of celestial light. The cosmic matter from which the universe is formed comes from the primal egg.

That description was from a random ancient statue website, so the validity of the information I'd definately question, however the 'Bird-Goddess' title is definately an orthodox view. I wondered why the Goddess was assumed to be a bird, does anyone have a source for this?

Doubting the term 'bird', mainly due to the rounded arms, I noticed the arms were more serpent like than wing like. Additionally, the face has been correlated to a beak, but I think it looks more like a face with no features. I also see a resemblance of the whole form to an amalgamation of both male and female reproductive parts. The head and breasts could be a phallus; the curved arms are extremely similar to the shape of the womb, with the breasts and head then becoming a kind of vaginal enterance along with clitoris. Is it possible that the statue could represent the serpent and the polarity of male/female?

Of course it may turn out that this statue was actually used as a prototype for a pair of scissors biggrin.gif wink.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 11:40 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles