BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Machine Consciouness, How to differentiate conscious AI from human?
anoopmalex
post Nov 19, 2016, 12:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 38434

Current neuroscience describes consciousness in terms of processing of sensory information and demonstrated as output of electrical info. Based on this definition I dont see how it will be too long before we can have machines that are defined to be 'conscious'? Currently we have AIs that can input, store and process visual, audio and tactile information from the external world. This would be the interface with objective reality.

Due to the problem of Other Minds, current human subjective experience of reality cannot be directly shared. We communicate a watered down representation of it either through language or monitoring of electrical activity in the brain. Both language and electrical activity are recreatable by machine. AIso it can be claimed that when processing of their data occurs, machines are actually experiencing a subjective reality since they can report they are through language or it can be monitored that processing of signals is going on.

But can a machine have hallucinations?

In the absence of physical sensory information, many human subjects report the genesis of visual and auditory hallucinations. So in the absence of external input can the 'mind' of a machine show genesis of experience without explicitly programmed rules to generate this processing? Ofcourse, one could always claim that one of the 'rules' of the human brain is to create false data when lacking sensory input....

Your thoughts are appreciated.....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haohao
post Nov 19, 2016, 09:30 PM
Post #2

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

1. I thought the current neuro-scientific definition of consciousness or mind activity or mind activities are in the way that "In one word, the Consciousness or mind activity or mind activities is/are a self-operating contrasting-cored mind work with the surrounding environment.", and it's a general criterion. As for the distinction between the pure human mind and machine in the aspect of mind activities, the measuring and evaluation of the wave and contrasting-core work outcome could be one method.

2. The 100% accuracy of the simulating construction of the mind activities transmission could be achieved after certain trail tests with expensive costs. However, 60%-80%percent of accuracy of common usage without much detail information could be achieved with endurable costs. I'd like call it brain magnetic communications.

3. "Experience is one way to show your interest and span for the research, which has no direct links with the innovation and best practices. In my opinion, the continuing ability-based performance with interest is the key and the related recognition is important. I thought the essence of the education was the life-long learning and improvements, in which the so-called formal and regular education should be changed into the intensive and flexible learning aiming for the ability-based performances. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.
+Quote Post
anoopmalex
post Nov 19, 2016, 10:21 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(haohao @ Nov 20, 2016, 11:00 AM) *
As for the distinction between the pure human mind and machine in the aspect of mind activities, the measuring and evaluation of the wave and contrasting-core work outcome could be one method.

I assume by "core work outcome" you mean the physical output activity in the absence of unstored input?

+Quote Post
haohao
post Nov 19, 2016, 11:30 PM
Post #4

Awakening

Exactly, the "contrasting-core work outcome" refers to both the mind activities and human-visible behaviors, which is not only in the situation of averagely regular personal behavior but also includes randomly short-term mind activities, due to my theories on the brain magnetic field, namely "From my personal view, the mind activities or human intelligence is mainly dependent on the neuro-signaling subsystem, and the contrasting work is the core; and in my humblest opinion, the megnetic field could affect the quality of the brain waves received and send. Might we could call it brain megnetic field. " from the poster in this forum.

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.
+Quote Post
anoopmalex
post Nov 20, 2016, 12:47 AM
Post #5

Thank you for your input Haohao. I recently learned about neural networks while I looking into both philosophical and scientific views of consciousness. They are very interesting to me. I understand them only at a basic level currently but am trying to learn more. If you know anything about them and can make some learning recommendations I would be glad to know. I have considerable programming experience so can approach from that level too.

+Quote Post
haohao
post Nov 20, 2016, 02:12 AM
Post #6

Awakening

Hello anoopmalex! Welcome to this forum to join in the academic discussions. Your thought is quite benefit. I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

1. I searched this webforum in the Internet, and found that it could be a international platform for discussions. I didn't find much finding grants for my research experiments, which have stated in my previous posts, and may you could find some support.

2. It's good to learn and do the neural network research with an interest, including the neurocomputing, E-network-platforumed AI (Auto Intelligence instead of so-called machine learning ) and data-flow-driven information center for coordination and deed. Only owing programming skills is not enough, and also the data application theory and engineering, such as data modeling construction. Therefore, I would recommend some posting here, such as "Algorithm May Overweigh the Data", "The Fluid Signaling of the Advanced Intelligence"and "Member-free-of-charge Cyber-networking Academic Association Might a trend".

3. The last is not the least important and sometimes may be quite important. "Experience is one way to show your interest and span for the research, which has no direct links with the innovation and best practices. In my opinion, the continuing ability-based performance with interest is the key and the related recognition is important. I thought the essence of the education was the life-long learning and improvements, in which the so-called formal and regular education should be changed into the intensive and flexible learning aiming for the ability-based performances. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 05:18 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles