Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi everybody, Finally coming out of the dark
louisd
post Oct 18, 2016, 02:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 38398

I am not usually the kind of person who actively joins group discussions. I spend more time listening to what everybody has to say and tend to stay in the distance.

However, this forum seems different.

I enjoy discussions about philosophy, science, perception, machinery, creativity, culture, etc... which all seem to be topics covered here with profound interest.

What is this consciousness thing?
I have a hypothesis. I would describe it as a logical extrapolation of Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection, which I have presented in a narrative.
I don't claim to be a good writer but ideas have always been conveyed through various stories so I have decided to give it a go.

The hypothesis is a concise explanation of the nature of consciousness and if understood, the origin can be derived. I have left this derivation up to the reader.

Feel free to check it out if you like this sort of thing. It is available as a free download online - Evolution of a Conscious Mind

I am open to provide any elaboration or answer any questions. The last thing I want to do is preach ideas.

Thank you and Hello!

I sincerly apologise if this seems like a slimy sales pitch for my first post
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haohao
post Oct 18, 2016, 06:55 PM
Post #2

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

1. Welcome to this forum. Any opinions are welcomed, including your posting style, and if you wish to
“tend to stay in the distance” sometimes, it's ok here.

2. As to your question mentiond and the onlline work "Evolution of a Conscious Mind" in the above statement, I thought it's environmental selection in the trending direction. However, the origin of the consciousness or mind activities are from the neuro-connectivity, which might be based on the chemical compoundings. Also, the evolution of the consciousness or mind activities are based on the chemical-environmental platform, in which the intelligent system works as a core, including the cognitive reactions and neuro-signaling mechanism. More posts you can find in this forum, including personal posts and good discussions under the related threads. Sure you can enjoy it.

3. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.
+Quote Post
louisd
post Oct 19, 2016, 01:54 AM
Post #3

Hello Haohao and thank you for the warm welcome.

1. I think I stayed in the distance because I hadn't found a website as vibrant as brainmeta. This place seems to have active discussions in so many topics I am interested in and I may play an active role here. I have been searching on-and-off for a website like this for quite some time.

2. Yes, I absolutely agree with you. I think environmental selection is the driving force behind evolution. An environment could consist of anything; matter, information, or some unknown substance beyond our observable universe.
I believe chemical compoundings in the brain are part of a continuum of information between environments.

3. We are all part of this thing that is happening, but we are all on different paths. Some people may opt for formal education, which is sweet. Some may attempt to make their own way, which is also sweet. I am glad that we are sharing this journey together.
+Quote Post
haohao
post Oct 19, 2016, 05:45 PM
Post #4

Awakening

1. Hello! Welcome to join in our forum and thank you for your contribution. This forum is welcomed for any academic research discussions and posting as well. The internet network usage, including the internet searching, is vital to research and also a trend in the future with the face-to-face communication as a supplement. The webforum is a network-based platform, which could provide for real academic interactions via a convenient access, and hope you find more here.

2. The word "environmental" I refers to herein indicates the other factors excerpt for the individual intelligent system. Actually, the information is the matter reaction in essence, and the chemical compoundings are the main media. As I have stated before in the posts, the brain might function in a megnetic field in one of the megnetic field system.

3. I agree with your opinion that the people have different life paths. However, I thought the essence of the education was the life-long learning and improvments, in which the so-called formal and regular education should be changed into the intensive and flexiable learning aiming for the ability-based performances. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.
+Quote Post
louisd
post Oct 20, 2016, 01:33 AM
Post #5

2. The claim that information is a part of the matter reaction really holds solid ground and it will be something I will spend some time thinking about. Thank you.
+Quote Post
haohao
post Oct 20, 2016, 06:20 PM
Post #6

Awakening

Thank you for your opinion, and hope more academic communications here.

To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.

+Quote Post
ValentineOrozco
post Nov 11, 2016, 11:05 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 38425

Hii all! I am new to this forum hope I'll get a lot to learn here.
+Quote Post
haohao
post Nov 13, 2016, 05:13 PM
Post #8

Awakening

Welcome to be in the discussions here. I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

"Experience is one way to show your interest and span for the research, which has no direct links with the innovation and best practices. In my opinion, the continuing ability-based performance with interest is the key and the related recognition is important. I thought the essence of the education was the life-long learning and improvements, in which the so-called formal and regular education should be changed into the intensive and flexible learning aiming for the ability-based performances. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.
+Quote Post
louisd
post Nov 28, 2016, 11:44 AM
Post #9

haohao Posted Oct 20, 2016, 02:45 PM
2. The word "environmental" I refers to herein indicates the other factors excerpt for the individual intelligent system. Actually, the information is the matter reaction in essence, and the chemical compoundings are the main media. As I have stated before in the posts, the brain might function in a megnetic field in one of the megnetic field system.

louisd Posted Oct 20, 2016, 10:33 PM
2. The claim that information is a part of the matter reaction really holds solid ground and it will be something I will spend some time thinking about. Thank you.

Hello Haohao,

Sorry for the late reply but I have spent some time thinking about the claim above.

As scientists and philosophers we are interested in the nature (or essence) of all things, but of more concern to us is the ability to extrapolate. We may ask each other "What is x?" when the question of more significance is: "How can we interpret the past and predict the future of x?"

A theory of mind is a means to answer questions regarding the future and past of the matter reaction.

+Quote Post
haohao
post Nov 28, 2016, 05:46 PM
Post #10

Awakening

1. Glad to hear your opinions. Actually, what I stated above is not claim but theories-based statement.

2. Generally speaking, our vision of the future is usually based on our understanding of universe, mainly our construction of the conceptions and its reactions with the surrounding environment, such as values and memory. The vision from individual perspective is dependent upon the interactions with the surrounding environment, and the whole vision then the entire interactions. I thought we could know more on the past and take actions to make the future better.

3. Theories could be helpful, and it's still needed to be proved and constantly improved. "Experience is one way to show your interest and span for the research, which has no direct links with the innovation and best practices. In my opinion, the continuing ability-based performance with interest is the key and the related recognition is important. I thought the essence of the education was the life-long learning and improvements, in which the so-called formal and regular education should be changed into the intensive and flexible learning aiming for the ability-based performances. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2017 - 07:45 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles