BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Face to face, not face to phone. Cell phones will increase our destructive hive living natures.
Gnostic Bishop
post Jul 13, 2017, 09:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 37652

Face to face, not face to phone. Cell phones will increase our destructive hive living natures.

Cell phones are killing our social skills. The cell phone is one of the rudest pieces of technology ever developed in our modern times. To see a family of four sitting at a dinner table and all four members are texting and avoiding the bonding that should be taking place, instead of the silence that occurs; is one of society’s greatest failures. Friends are out for a night on the town and everyone has their phone out, texting and not having meaningful conversations that would be more rewarding. We cannot speak in complete sentences without the use of acronyms and do not look at others directly in their eyes while speaking to them. This society is losing the art of pure communication.

We are mammals, but we are making ourselves into that less favorable condition of hive living creatures.

Are cell phones controlling our way of life?

I say yes.

Regards
DL
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jul 13, 2017, 05:28 PM
Post #2

Supreme God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 601

Tools are tools. I have a cell phone but I don't text. A few minutes of conversation eliminates the need to spend a half an hour texting back and forth. I also don't have a smart phone, and I'm content to use the tool for what it was designed for.

A guy can pull his dick out onto the table and smash it with a hammer, but it wouldn't be the hammers fault!

Sooooo.. that being said, tools don't make people antisocial or stupid, and people aren't born that way. People choose to remove themselves from reality with stupidity, and if you take away the things they choose to lobotomize themselves with, they will find another way! wink.gif

Some times you have to draw the arrow backwards far enough to propel it forward. Let those who have the capability to make choices (even stupid ones) make them as they will. You can only be responsible for yours.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 02:20 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles