BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do you know that your brain recovers memories faster than the blink of an eye?
Anthony E.
post Jan 11, 2016, 06:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 37884

Retrieval happens FIVE times quicker than thought. Events can be recalled in 100 milliseconds, compared to 300 for a blink. Mechanism of memory recovery starts with activation of sensory areas. The process can be interfered with by placing magnetic coils on the head.

What can you say about this?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ValentineOrozco
post Nov 11, 2016, 10:20 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 38425

QUOTE(Anthony E. @ Jan 11, 2016, 06:59 AM) *

Retrieval happens FIVE times quicker than thought. Events can be recalled in 100 milliseconds, compared to 300 for a blink. Mechanism of memory recovery starts with activation of sensory areas. The process can be interfered with by placing magnetic coils on the head.

What can you say about this?

Hey thanks for sharing! Didn't knew something like this happens too.
+Quote Post
Jacobie
post Nov 15, 2016, 03:34 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 38419

Its really crazy to think about it.
+Quote Post
haohao
post Nov 15, 2016, 06:24 PM
Post #4

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

1. Based on what you stated, though the exact average data or specific situational data are in suspicion and " starts with activation of sensory areas", it in some wayverifies my theory posted before, such as However, the consciousness and awareness and ego is a kind of physical matter in essence, not only because it's objective, but also it's developing as long as it exists, no different from other physical matter. From my personal view, the mind activities or human intelligence is mainly dependent on the neuro-signaling subsystem, and the contrasting work is the core; and in my humblest opinion, the megnetic field could affect the quality of the brain waves received and send. Might we could call it brain megnetic field.

2. The "memory recovery " or memory checking process might begin with the controlling part of the brain center.

3. "Experience is one way to show your interest and span for the research, which has no direct links with the innovation and best practices. In my opinion, the continuing ability-based performance with interest is the key and the related recognition is important. I thought the essence of the education was the life-long learning and improvements, in which the so-called formal and regular education should be changed into the intensive and flexible learning aiming for the ability-based performances. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2017 - 04:41 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles