Reply to this topicStart new topic
> God still in control, Billy Graham
Magister Hayk
post Sep 13, 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #1

Overlord

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33583

DEAR BILLY GRAHAM: Do you think the world is getting more hostile toward people who believe in God and Jesus? I see so many movements and people today that seem to be opposed to God. I even wonder if the Christian faith is going to survive. — C.N.

DEAR C.N.: You don’t need to worry about whether the Christian faith is going to survive, because God has promised that it will, and he cannot lie.

Is the world becoming more hostile toward Christ? At times it seems like it is; compared with a generation or so ago, our world is certainly more secular. And admittedly, some people today are trying to take God out of our public life and are aggressively hostile toward those who have faith. I’m reminded of the Bible’s prediction that some day our world will be populated by “hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron” (1 Timothy 4:2).

But before we get too discouraged we need to remember two important truths. First, God is sovereign, and he is still in control. Others may fight against him, but in the end, he will win. Second, God’s work still goes forward in many parts of the world. Millions of people today realize the emptiness of life without God and are searching for an answer to their spiritual hunger — an answer that is found only in Christ.

Pray for our world, that those who oppose God will be defeated and God’s kingdom will advance to the ends of the Earth.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Sep 16, 2011, 04:58 AM
Post #2

Overlord

In God You Trust No More?

Los Angeles Times: Court says teacher has no right to banners referring to God

San Diego-area high school math instructor claimed his 1st Amendment rights were violated when the principal ordered him to take down banners he saw as celebrating America's religious heritage.

September 14, 2011|By Tony Perry, Los Angeles Times

Reporting from San Diego -- A federal appeals court Tuesday rejected the claim of a San Diego-area mathematics teacher that his 1st Amendment rights were violated when the school's principal ordered him to take down classroom banners that referred to God.

A panel of the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals said the principal and school board had the same authority as any employer to set limits on the speech of employees.
+Quote Post
antonyanil
post Nov 01, 2011, 08:29 AM
Post #3

Aspiring

Member No.: 33498

QUOTE(Magister Hayk @ Sep 13, 2011, 11:46 AM) *

DEAR BILLY GRAHAM: Do you think the world is getting more hostile toward people who believe in God and Jesus? I see so many movements and people today that seem to be opposed to God. I even wonder if the Christian faith is going to survive. — C.N.

DEAR C.N.: You don’t need to worry about whether the Christian faith is going to survive, because God has promised that it will, and he cannot lie.

Is the world becoming more hostile toward Christ? At times it seems like it is; compared with a generation or so ago, our world is certainly more secular. And admittedly, some people today are trying to take God out of our public life and are aggressively hostile toward those who have faith. I’m reminded of the Bible’s prediction that some day our world will be populated by “hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron” (1 Timothy 4:2).

But before we get too discouraged we need to remember two important truths. First, God is sovereign, and he is still in control. Others may fight against him, but in the end, he will win. Second, God’s work still goes forward in many parts of the world. Millions of people today realize the emptiness of life without God and are searching for an answer to their spiritual hunger — an answer that is found only in Christ.

Pray for our world, that those who oppose God will be defeated and God’s kingdom will advance to the ends of the Earth.

God alone has the complete freedom

God alone has the complete freedom and hence the human being completely controlled by its chip has no trace of freedom. Therefore, the entire creation including human beings is totally inert and the Creator alone has total freedom. The human being tries to jump to the side of the creator due to the misinterpreted freedom. Therefore, God alone should be called as awareness. Immediately you should not say that the human being having awareness is God because it is already proved that everything in the human being is inert. If you fix the meaning of awareness as freedom, you are telling that the awareness is in human being since you have misunderstood the inert process as freedom. With this analysis the human being is not having even a trace of awareness. You should not say that God is understood because He is awareness or freedom.

Freedom is a quality of the power of God and not the source of the freedom. You should not say that the unimaginable power of God (Maya) is now understood since its quality (freedom) is known. This quality is not the inherent characteristic of the power. If you say that something is freely doing any work, it does not mean that you have understood that something. Therefore, God as well as His power is unimaginable. If you realize this analysis always, you will totally surrender to God. Realization of this analysis is penance. If you realize that you are totally a play doll in the hands of God, you will develop spontaneous and natural surrender to God. The ego disappears completely.

God is pleased by this and from that moment onwards starts giving you the real freedom as said by Veda (Aaapnoti Swaaraajyam…). You will start controlling the inert creation. You will be becoming God step by step. As long as you feel that awareness or freedom exists in you, the ego prevents the grace of God. The concept of Shankara that God alone is awareness is correct. But that awareness is not in the human being. The underlying substratum of the human being, which is beyond imagination, is God. The same God is the substratum of the entire creation. In a human being the three parts (Manas, Vijnana and Ananda) are extra. Therefore, the human being is greater than the external creation. The inert energy is common material everywhere. In the human being certain specific designs of matter and energy exist as the three extra Koshas. This does not mean that the non-inert item exists.

The specific design of inert matter and inert energy is also inert. If you are wearing a shirt with special design, it does not mean that the material of the shirt is changed. All the shirts are made of same material i.e., cotton and silk only. Therefore, the existence of extra designs of inert matter and inert energy in the human being does not establish that something other than inert matter and inert energy exists.
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Nov 01, 2011, 06:12 PM
Post #4

Overlord

QUOTE(antonyanil @ Nov 01, 2011, 08:29 PM) *

God is pleased by this and from that moment onwards starts giving you the real freedom as said by Veda (Aaapnoti Swaaraajyam…).

The God you are describing looks like a self-assured cruel Vampire with inclinations to homosexuality practicing astral slavery rather than wise person. Besides in your description that God looks like an electromagnetic robot who is not able to make other decisions over human freedom till human somehow pleases him.

I am sorry for such definitions, but in MY view you should somehow reconsider your vision of God.
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Nov 02, 2011, 04:44 PM
Post #5

Overlord

Interesting numbers been entered into the Brains of the Congressmen yesterday during the vote over "In God We Trust":

It’s not exactly a new idea — that America’s motto should be “In God We Trust.” However, the House of Representatives made it official once again Wednesday by a vote of 396 to 9.

I mean these numbers
396 to 9
96 to 9
interesting is not it?

It looks likes somebody controls the Congress now. How simple. And how symbolic to take possession over the brains of the Congressmen during such an interesting voting.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Nov 08, 2011, 10:16 AM
Post #6

God

From: Markham (Thornhill), part of the greater Toronto area, the GTA, just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Member No.: 4838

Magister, it would be helpful to know more about who you are and what motivates you to write in this forum. Shawn Mikula, the host of BM, and I go back to the beginning of this forum, when he was a student of medicine and, later, of neurology. Check out the history and some of the first posts I wrote here.

Me? I am a theologian (Boston University school of Theology). I was raised as a traditional theist, I am now a unitheist. Decades ago I gave up believing in an idolatrous-human-like kind of god--one with dimensions. For details about me, check my personal page
http://www.lindsayking.ca
http://unitheist.org
Instead of 'God'--a proper noun--I use the acronym, G.O.D. It refers to that principle in and through us and all that is, which generates good, organizes opportunities, and delivers delightful things to all who use agape-love to tune in and connect.

FOR INTERESTING CHAT SEE: Part of scienceagogo forum, Not-Quite-Science section
http://www.scienceagogo.com/forum/ubbthrea...41357#Post41357
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Nov 09, 2011, 10:12 PM
Post #7

Overlord

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Nov 08, 2011, 10:16 PM) *

Magister, it would be helpful to know more about who you are and what motivates you to write in this forum.

I do pursue academic interests visiting and reading posts of the forum. Hardly my identity, the name of mine etc shall be of any interest or value for you and your moral, ethical and loving brethren, I mean theological colleagues. I prefer to withstand from identity co-sharing, but thank you for your curiosity.

Shawn Mikula, the host of BM, and I go back to the beginning of this forum, when he was a student of medicine and, later, of neurology. Check out the history and some of the first posts I wrote here.

I read many old posts of many old members of Brain Meta, the forum is inhabited by quite useful and perspective knowledge and ideas. I highly appreciate the efforts directed at establishment of such a valuable internet resource.

Me? I am a theologian (Boston University school of Theology). I was raised as a traditional theist, I am now a unitheist. Decades ago I gave up believing in an idolatrous-human-like kind of god--one with dimensions. For details about me, check my personal page

Thank you for the links, I am not quite so well in Theology but it is interesting reading.

Instead of 'God'--a proper noun--I use the acronym, G.O.D. It refers to that principle in and through us and all that is, which generates good, organizes opportunities, and delivers delightful things to all who use agape-love to tune in and connect.

From technical point of view I have something in common with your approach: I do like sometimes to use acronym of full name of mine in the same way, in my case it refers to obvious coincidence emanated in numerous regularities which explanations do deliver great fascinating entertainment to people I am in personal contact and tuned with.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Nov 15, 2011, 02:51 PM
Post #8

God

From: Markham (Thornhill), part of the greater Toronto area, the GTA, just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada

For anyone interested in a serious and in depth discussion of the philosophy of religion, feel free to check out:

http://www.scienceagogo.com/forum/ubbthrea...r=38163&page=79
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Nov 15, 2011, 02:56 PM
Post #9

God

QUOTE(Magister Hayk @ Sep 13, 2011, 02:46 PM) *

DEAR C.N.: You don't need to worry about whether the Christian faith is going to survive, because God has promised that it will, and he cannot lie.

Is the world becoming more hostile toward Christ? At times it seems like it is; compared with a generation or so ago, our world is certainly more secular. And admittedly, some people today are trying to take God out of our public life and are aggressively hostile toward those who have faith. I'm reminded of the Bible's prediction that some day our world will be populated by "hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron" (1 Timothy 4:2).

But before we get too discouraged we need to remember two important truths. First, God is sovereign, and he is still in control. Others may fight against him, but in the end, he will win. Second, God's work still goes forward in many parts of the world. Millions of people today realize the emptiness of life without God and are searching for an answer to their spiritual hunger — an answer that is found only in Christ.

Pray for our world, that those who oppose God will be defeated and God's kingdom will advance to the ends of the Earth.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Nov 15, 2011, 03:02 PM
Post #10

God

If God is in control, does He have control of the Internet? I would love to see his site and get an e-mail from Him.

No, I am not being sarcastic. I always keep and open mind. However, I refuse to keep it so open that my brains will fall out. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Nov 18, 2011, 07:33 PM
Post #11

Overlord

I guess you should direct your question to Honorable BILLY GRAHAM (BoG, where letter 'o' comes from word honorable). Hope you and your colleagues know what word BoG means e.g on Russian or in English written in this way boG?

And as you can note the letter H stands first in front of the word Honorable and though not pronounced keeps its 'invisible' presence all around even at the interface of the Noter dam de Pari and supports and carries the Cross through the centuries onward in spite the all proactive encroachments against GottHic Architecture.
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Nov 25, 2011, 10:07 PM
Post #12

Overlord

Interesting:

ABCnews: Obama Leaves God out of Thanksgiving Speech, Riles Critics

By JOEL SIEGEL
Nov. 25, 2011

Critics of President Obama felt little holiday cheer after the president did not thank God in his Thanksgiving-themed weekly Internet address. They immediately took to Twitter and the Internet to voice anger and disbelief.

"His remarks were void of any religious references, although Thanksgiving is a holiday traditionally steeped in giving thanks and praise to God," Starnes wrote.
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Nov 29, 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #13

Overlord

A)

Reuters: U.S. airport bonds eyed in American Airlines bankruptcy

CHICAGO | Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:39pm EST

(Reuters) - The move by American Airlines to seek bankruptcy protection on Tuesday raised concerns over billions of dollars of tax-exempt debt, particularly issued by airports where the carrier has a big presence.

Kurt Krummenacker, an airport analyst at Moody's Investors Service, said Chicago's O'Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth and Miami airports will be particularly watched to see if American's Chapter 11 filing will have any impact on the roughly $16 billion of general airport revenue bonds (GARBs) sold by those airports.

B )

AFP: Standard and Poor's cuts ratings for top US banks

WASHINGTON — Ratings agency Standard & Poor's on Tuesday said it had downgraded the ratings of major US banks, including Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JPMorgan Chase, Morgan Stanley and Bank of America.
The firm said it had revisited ratings on 37 of the world's largest banks, part of a process of "applying its new ratings criteria for banks."
S&P announced revised criteria to simplify ratings last week, after more than a year of study.

Prediction)

Prediction: S&P will cut France rating outlook
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Nov 29, 2011, 10:14 PM
Post #14

Overlord

C)

Bank of America stock nearing $5 danger zone
November 29, 2011

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Another trading day and another low for Bank of America's stock.
Shares of Bank of America (BAC, Fortune 500) dropped more than 3% Tuesday, hitting a new 52-week low of $5.03 -- its lowest level since March 12, 2009.

After the close of trading Tuesday, Bank of America was one of 37 financial institutions downgraded by S&P.
Beyond the S&P downgrade, trading could become even more complicated in Bank of America's stock, if it falls below $5. Under that threshold, many broker-dealers will not allow investors to buy or short a stock on margin, according to a spokesperson for the New York Stock Exchange.
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Dec 01, 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #15

Overlord

I am now a unitheist.

Coming back to your question concerning the e-mail etc, I do recommend you and your theological colleagues to gather considerable some of money, try to find the God, His web page and His e-mail yourself and suggest him to conduct a research over development of the Unitheism under legal agreement providing all conditions and funding that He will request. Presumably the research shall result in drafting a scientific paper which publication shall direct mankind to Unitheism.

In my view it is a very reasonable advice.

In case if you and your theological colleagues fail to collect the mentioned money and fail to find God, then that shall mean that your brethren are not well proficient in theology yet.
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Dec 03, 2011, 03:42 AM
Post #16

Overlord

D)

Katla Volcano Eruption Fears Played Down by Icelandic Scientists and Tourism Officials
Published December 02, 2011
by I.B. Times

A "catastrophic" eruption of the Katla Volcano in Iceland is "imminent" - at least, that's what the BBC and several other international media outlets are reporting.

However many scientists and tourism chiefs in Iceland beg to differ.
According to a BBC report published Thursday, "Hundreds of meters under one of Iceland's largest glaciers there are signs of an imminent volcanic eruption that could be one of the most powerful the country has seen in almost a century."

The story is one of BBC's most read stories online, and it has many in Iceland working overtime to counteract what they see as a common misperception.
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Dec 11, 2011, 11:42 AM
Post #17

Overlord

E)

businessweek: Analysts were looking for a bright spot from Texas Instruments' announcement that fourth-quarter revenue and profit would be lower than expected on weak demand.

The semiconductor maker said the weak economy in the U.S. and elsewhere has led to "broadly lower demand across a wide range of markets, customers and products" except for wireless-applications processors, which are used in smartphones and tablets.

Jefferies analyst Mark Lipacis called the TI update "awful.

He and other analysts said that distributors appeared to be cutting inventories of TI parts to lower-than-normal levels, making the drop in demand even more pronounced.
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Dec 20, 2011, 09:35 AM
Post #18

Overlord

F)

December 19, 2011 7:19 PM

cbsnews: Panetta: Iran will not be allowed nukes
By Scott Pelley

(CBS News) The U.S. Secretary of Defense said Monday night that Iran will not be allowed to develop a nuclear weapon. In an interview, Leon Panetta, said despite the efforts to disrupt the Iranian nuclear program, the Iranians have reached a point where they can assemble a bomb in a year or potentially less.

Panetta: Well, we share the same common concern. The United States does not want Iran to develop a nuclear weapon. That's a red line for us and that's a red line, obviously, for the Israelis. If we have to do it we will deal with it.

8301-18563_162-57345322/panetta-iran-will-not-be-allowed-nukes/
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Dec 20, 2011, 09:47 AM
Post #19

Overlord

G)

green.blogs.nytimes: Arctic Methane: Is Catastrophe Imminent?
By JUSTIN GILLIS
December 20, 2011, 11:59 AM

On land in the Arctic and sub-Arctic regions, we are primarily worried not about methane that already exists but about carbon locked in permafrost that may decompose into methane or carbon dioxide once it thaws. The ocean deposits are different: large quantities of methane already exist there. Both gases are risky, but methane especially so, as it is roughly 25 times as potent at trapping heat as carbon dioxide over the course of a century.
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Dec 20, 2011, 09:50 AM
Post #20

Overlord

In conclusion of this topic I have to mention that stability of what is terribly great, rich and powerful may strongly depend onto needs of something seemingly looking small and unimportant.

That what ancient wisdom tells.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Dec 21, 2011, 08:41 AM
Post #21

God

QUOTE(Magister Hayk @ Dec 02, 2011, 01:15 AM) *

I am now a unitheist.
Coming back to your question concerning the e-mail etc, I do recommend you and your theological colleagues to gather considerable some of money, try to find the God, His web page and His e-mail yourself and suggest him to conduct a research over development of the Unitheism under legal agreement providing all conditions and funding that He will request. Presumably the research shall result in drafting a scientific paper which publication shall direct mankind to Unitheism. In my view it is a very reasonable advice.

In case if you and your theological colleagues fail to collect the mentioned money and fail to find God, then that shall mean that your brethren are not well proficient in theology yet.
Please tell us about your theology--god-hypothesis.
Here, in the spirit of having a civilized dialogue smile.gif --not a debate--is my god-hypothesis: G.O.D. is not a human-like person, or a thing, with three dimensions to be found, but rather IS the totality of all physical, mental and spiritual Being--within and beyond me.
As writers at Wikepedia point out, G.O.D. is an aseity:
Aseity (from Latin a "from" and se "self", plus -ity) refers to the property by which a being exists in and of itself, from itself, or exists as so-and-such of and from itself. The word is often used to refer to the Christian belief that God contains within himself the cause of himself, is the first cause, though many Jewish and Muslim theologians have also believed God to be independent in this way Notions of aseity as the highest principle go back at least to Plato and have been in wide circulation since Augustine, though the use of the word 'aseity' began only in the Middle Ages ...
smile.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aseity I introduced unitheism/panentheism to Wikipedia. Check it out.
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Dec 21, 2011, 10:13 AM
Post #22

Overlord

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 21, 2011, 08:41 PM) *

Please tell us about your theology--god-hypothesis.
Here, in the spirit of having a civilized dialogue smile.gif --not a debate--is my god-hypothesis: G.O.D. is not a human-like person, or a thing, with three dimensions to be found, but rather IS the totality of all physical, mental and spiritual Being--within and beyond me.

Even in that case Mr. God can have e-mail, web-page, phone etc, the Omnipotent creature have to be able to permit oneself such primitive human luxuries available in our days to millions of people.

Thank you for inviting me to discussion but I am very sorry to decline the invitation, the hardships of daily life does not permit me to participate to such interesting high discussion.

Wish you and your friends fruitful research of the realm of divine, maybe one day you all shall find your God, and maybe your God in His divine simplicity shall have time and desire to share with all of you His hypothesis about the nature of His existence or maybe not, in my view that had to be dependent at scope of respect you all payed to His Personality, His Name, His Feelings, His Heritage etc as you all have to pay to any man among and around you.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Dec 21, 2011, 10:48 AM
Post #23

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

.....IS the totality of all physical, mental and spiritual Being--within and beyond me.

Another attempt to idolize ones own definition of something or no-thing intellectually... and without direct experience?

The totality of a mans ideas, spiritual definition, and an idea of what is within and beyond... is generally limited to the boundaries of ones beliefs.

Words are always relative, and the reverends examples are.....(as he would say: In my humble opinion) the glorification of an identity with his belief.
Check it out.. wink.gif

a·se·i·ty
   [uh-see-i-tee, ey-see-]
noun Metaphysics .
existence originating from and having no source other than itself.

One assumes something that exists has a source or a beginning but the words in revelations hint of something greater than that which has beginnings, or a source as an existence:

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Dec 21, 2011, 07:01 PM
Post #24

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

QUOTE(Dianah @ Dec 21, 2011, 11:55 PM) *

What is DIRECT experience? And how is a direct or illusionary experience determined to be as such?

What is direct experience? Great question, since when one engages the relative thru beliefs, the relative is always changing. And in the relative experience when subtle changes are ignored, experience seems to be inclusive where new experience is thought to be one which is as old as the personal acceptance of beliefs.

When one realizes they have been following a belief that is counter to their experience, one recognizes the difference between illusion and experience. When one sees that their experience changes within the subjective observance of their belief in some thing or subject, one begins to see illusions created by beliefs in the way observation is filtered/altered.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Dec 24, 2011, 04:13 AM
Post #25

Overlord

QUOTE(Dianah @ Dec 22, 2011, 03:55 AM) *

What is DIRECT experience?

Maybe it is when one personally drinks a cup of tea with the someone talking about different topics.
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Dec 24, 2011, 04:14 AM
Post #26

Overlord

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 21, 2011, 08:41 PM) *

I forgot to point out for theologians that in my humble opinion the equation the writers at Wikipedia have outlined (and even the catholic encyclopedia does) tells the following:

G.O.D.=an aseity
G.O.D.=an aseity
G.O.D.=an astiyE
G.O.D.=E. ...
G.O.D.=m. ...
G.O.D.=nn. ...
G.O.D.=H. ...

Certainly these all should be carefully researched at scientific level but I am restricted in time to go deeper into this terribly strange subject, which puzzles me much each time when I start to analyze data related with the subject.

I think if my recommendations mentioned above be followed in a proper way, then definitely that would increase chances to research the issue at absolutely new level ever known in the history of Theology. It seems that all depends on Money; and what is Money I already told you in my previous ruminations.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all Brain Meta members.

smile.gif
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Jan 05, 2012, 09:06 PM
Post #27

Overlord

" i " )

Jan 5th, 2012
Robertson goes on to say, as if from the mouth of God, “Your country will be torn apart by internal stress."

www . huffingtonpost . com/2012/01/03/pat-robertson-president-2012-god_n_1181669 . html

god_n_1181669 . html
+Quote Post
P. Jay
post Jan 05, 2012, 10:28 PM
Post #28

Aspiring

Member No.: 33864

QUOTE(Magister Hayk @ Jan 05, 2012, 09:06 PM) *

" i " )

Jan 5th, 2012
Robertson goes on to say, as if from the mouth of God, “Your country will be torn apart by internal stress."

www . huffingtonpost . com/2012/01/03/pat-robertson-president-2012-god_n_1181669 . html

god_n_1181669 . html

1181669 . html.=40!?.

god_n_1181669 . html=25!.
+Quote Post
P. Jay
post Jan 05, 2012, 10:32 PM
Post #29

Aspiring

Member No.: 33864

QUOTE(Magister Hayk @ Jan 05, 2012, 09:06 PM) *

" i " )

Jan 5th, 2012

god_n_1181669 . html

1181669 . html.=40!?.

god_n_1181669 . html=25!?.=4?!.

40 / 4 = 10!?!^:?:.:!.=11!.?!?:!.?.=5.

10 / 5 = 2!!.
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Sep 04, 2012, 10:34 AM
Post #30

Overlord

j)

Guess what will be here.

Parallel news:

Exclusive: Democrats Drop "God" From Party Platform

Guess what? God’s name has been removed from the Democratic National Committee platform.

This is the paragraph that was in the 2008 platform:

“We need a government that stands up for the hopes, values, and interests of working people, and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential.”

Now the words “God-given” have been removed. The paragraph has been restructured to say this:

“We gather to reclaim the basic bargain that built the largest middle class and the most prosperous nation on Earth – the simple principle that in America, hard work should pay off, responsibility should be rewarded, and each one of us should be able to go as far as our talent and drive take us.”

The Brody File has calls into DNC to explain why God’s name has been dropped from the platform. Some critics will suggest that when you have planks in your platform that support abortion rights and gay marriage then it's no wonder that God's name would be dropped as well.

Delegates will vote on the platform on Tuesday.

There is one section on "faith" and here is what it says:

"Faith has always been a central part of the American story, and it has been a driving force of progress and justice throughout our history. We know that our nation, our communities, and our lives are made vastly stronger and richer by faith and the countless acts of justice and mercy it inspires. Faith- based organizations will always be critical allies in meeting the challenges that face our nation and our world – from domestic and global poverty, to climate change and human trafficking. People of faith and religious organizations do amazing work in communities across this country and the world, and we believe in lifting up and valuing that good work, and finding ways to support it where possible. We believe in constitutionally sound, evidence-based partnerships with faith-based and other non-profit organizations to serve those in need and advance our shared interests. There is no conflict between supporting faith-based institutions and respecting our Constitution, and a full commitment to both principles is essential for the continued flourishing of both faith and country."
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 06:17 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles