BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Literally "Flexing" the Brain, Can the brain, or something in the brain, contract?
Misener
post May 29, 2012, 07:00 PM
Post #31

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 34284

Like the most of you, I am very happy to have found this thread. I have followed the the recommendation to check out the tensor tympani tendon (if you scroll down on the wikipedia page, there is a section that explains individuals able to contract this muscle). However, although this explains what am hearing/flexing well, the sound does not seem to be held in one specific place and the frequency is controlled. I thought that perhaps my being able to flex this *ear* muscle was random such as the ability to wiggle one`s ears .

I feel that a lot of the previous people want this ``phenomenon`` to be something more than it is (and to an extent i hope it is) but it seems to have no true affects on the body besides increased heart rate and slight dizziness after use (which could be a simple result of mental trickery).

Obviously, i do not have answers for any of you but i will describe my experiences with the thundering, or Oming. The rumbling can be held longer and is louder when my eyes are closed and like others i can do this with my eyes open. However i have realized that if i use the rumbling for a long period of time and then try to do it with my eyes open, it sometimes does not work. I think this could easily be compared to a bicep, after a heavy work-out, one cannot simply lift a heavy weight with as much easiness as he/she did from the beginning of the workout.

- Also, i do not feel as much pain when i use the thunder, but i can still feel it. I have not had any luck with healing or any such thing. ( i am inclined to think that this is wishful thinking)
- The rumbling sound is slightly louder than the sound i hear when yawning (i compared, lol)

Best of luck with answers and if you find some make sure to fill us in smile.gif thanks guys,

Misener.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ace12201
post Sep 09, 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 34510

i am new to any type of forum ever because i really never cared too much to bother with anything i thought i could google myself. but now i find that no one has an explanation on my ability accept some very few people that are able to do some of the same things. and who experience the same sensations or hear the sounds.
I for a long time have been able to flex or something of the sort in what feels like my brain or somewhere behind my eyes that makes my whole body feel tingly. i didnt think much of it as a kid but now that im older and experiencing lots of unhealthy body functions i kind of want to know whats happening to me. last night i had the worst headache of my life. i flexed this thing during a small headache and later that night i dont know if it had anything to do with it but it grew worse. when i do this can feel my vains pulsing and hear my heart beating within getting a little faster and within 3 or 4 seconds of flexing i feel sudden exhaustion and need to take in a deep breath. but at the same time ive done this before doing amazing things like when i break dance or flip. i can flip higher or perform better flares when breakdancing. I can hold a flag position on a post for a longer time then usual. or hold a better posture when doing a handstand.
i do have to admit my whole child hood ive had a higher blood pressure than others which didnt bother me til i joined gymnastics team, they made me stop working out for a while cuz i would have sudden bloody noses. and when i joined the military i had a waver to join cuz my blood pressure would not go down. ive always had per-hypertension. i guess i just needed to finally tell someone that kind of had an understanding of the feeling i get when i do this flexing sensation. the people i tell around me dont understand me and tell me to go to the hospital which i will soon.
+Quote Post
TheWexican
post Sep 11, 2012, 02:19 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 34518

I have been able to do this for as long as I can remember, it is not painful for me and it sends waves of energy down my body. If I would associate a sound it would say I hear a humming and it intensifies when I "flex" this muscle. When I go to sleep at night I try to focus on the noise and it will actually slowly get louder and louder before I fall asleep. I have been doing research in Astral Projection and supposedly this is a technique to achieve an Out of body experience or lucid Dream.

I'm a really skeptical person though so I honestly would love to know the science behind it all. I can do this with eyes opened or closed but It is much more intense at certain times in the day with my eyes closed. I can sometimes feel different parts of my body/muscles twitch from this forced flex as well.

Cool stuff, glad others can share here.
+Quote Post
Inedia
post Sep 22, 2012, 12:17 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 34550

I don't want to say this is some sort of "MENTAL POWER BEYOND HE COSMOS" or anything like it, but when I found out how to do it I thought it was something like that. I was around 9 to 10 years old.

I can do it voluntary but it's also involuntairly when things are very close to my head though not all the time.
I do not hear a noise.
I can do it with my eyes open.
I can control the intensity of the "flex"
No increased heartrate
I can't tell if it is my brain or not though and it's not my eyes I feel no pressure on them when I do it.

I've been thinking maybe I should get a ct scan but I've been out of work and mountain of bills piling up, and the chance of it being undetectable I'd be out $200 dollar and no answers.
+Quote Post
_camouflaged_
post Sep 22, 2012, 03:53 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 34553

Look up "Alpha Wave Binaural Beat for Third Eye Activation (15-Minutes) | Brainwave Entrainment" on Youtube. Flex your brain while listening to this. It warps the sound. I almost felt like I was releasing indigenous DMT because I had to lay down and my breathing went to sleeping pace. I would flex my brain as long as I could and warp the sound, and when I would stop the sound would blare through my head.

Actually, try it with any binaural beats or waves. Wow.
Wow.

+Quote Post
missingtime
post Oct 18, 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 34627

QUOTE(_camouflaged_ @ Sep 23, 2012, 12:53 AM) *

Look up "Alpha Wave Binaural Beat for Third Eye Activation (15-Minutes) | Brainwave Entrainment" on Youtube. Flex your brain while listening to this. It warps the sound. I almost felt like I was releasing indigenous DMT because I had to lay down and my breathing went to sleeping pace. I would flex my brain as long as I could and warp the sound, and when I would stop the sound would blare through my head.

Actually, try it with any binaural beats or waves. Wow.
Wow.

I've just done this and its very cool. a bit scary, but very cool.

I've been able to do this for as long as I can remember; I've meant research it but always forgot!

How it works for me is, I can tense or flex what feels like my forehead and the blurring or rumbling sound comes from around my ears and kind of vibrates down towards my jaw. I can do it with both my eyes open and closed but only for a short period of time, say 30 seconds. After that it "wears out" and I can only do it in bursts.

Nice to finally find somewhere were others have experienced something similar.
+Quote Post
ZikkyDoog
post Nov 04, 2012, 07:51 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 34673

QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Nov 01, 2010, 11:52 PM) *

QUOTE(RGD622 @ Nov 02, 2010, 03:33 AM) *

Ok, I'm going to re-awaken this dead thread because I can do the exact same thing. I've been able to do it for a few years, but only now have I remembered to google it when I'm actually at a computer, and this is the first thing to show when I googled "flex muscle in my brain."

When I 'flex' my brain, it definitely is pleasant, and is certainly voluntary. I've noticed that when I flex it "hard," my whole body tingles and my heart rate jumps significantly, if briefly.

Have you found anything more about this?
An illusion, delusion, hallucination, misinterpretation, referred sensation, wishful thinking ....

This is completely NOT an illusion, delusion, hallucination, misinterpretation, referred sensation, or wishful thinking
I can do the exact same thing. Ive been so curious about it that ive considered going to a doctor who can MAYBE take a brain scan and body scan while I do it. It feels like a build up of my "souls" energy in the very center of my brain. I only say soul because I have no other explaination of where in the hell this kind of inner fluxation of bodily energy can come from. It can spread through from the center of my brain to the rest of my body if I flex hard enough. It is definitely a flexing of a certain muscle but I cant find a single thing about what it is. I feel like finding the cause of this should definitely be on my bucket list. Ive read about the third eye chakra and it feels like this could be something like it but I dont completely believe in all that kind of stuff. That is the closest thing I can think of.
+Quote Post
Kezia
post Dec 22, 2012, 03:53 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 34768

I started being able to do this a few weeks ago. I don't hear a sound, but I can do it with my eyes open for a few seconds at a time. After doing it maybe, 5 or more times in a row I get tired and dizzy. I wouldn't call the sensation either pleasant or unpleasant, but interesting. It feels like a pulse of energy inside my brain.
+Quote Post
Bumblebee
post Jun 11, 2013, 04:36 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 35168

Hey there,
I am new here and this is the first topic that I started reading. Just because the title seemed so strange/interesting.
But while reading I realized it is about something that I can also do.
I feel the sensation and also hear the rumbling sound, it happens most easy when I am tired it seems. And sounds around me sometimes make it happen spontaneously.
When I do it myself/on purpose, I can do it in bursts mostly, not for a long time. The sound seems to come from behind the eardrums.
When I do it a lot (just did that) it leaves me feeling a bit woozy for some moments.

Because sounds can also make it happen, I always told myself that it must have something to do with the ears, and sound vibrations.
Somewhere someone wrote something about it being used to dull sounds, which could be the case I think. If it is related to the ears, it 'could' explain the woozy/dizzy feeling.
Funny to read about it here, and even more to find out that not everyone recognizes it. I used to think it was something normal, for everyone.
+Quote Post
Spastic Saren
post May 16, 2014, 09:58 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 37231

I hope nobody minding me replying to an old tread but i have to contribute to this.
its good to read other people are also experiencing this. I am pretty sure i have the same sensation as described here. After practising for a while, i can now also do it with my eyes open. I am also pretty sure the sound you hear are the blood vessels next to your ears. Try simply putting your hands on your ears and you'll have a similar experience. Your ear will adjust to not hearing anything and become more sensitive, thus hearing your blood flow. You can also experience this by going into a silent dead room, which is an interesting experience.

the most logical explanation i think is that you are just actively using that ear muscle mentioned before, but i am not sure, as i feel it also alters the mind state . So obviously we don't have super powers and please don't give me that chakra or nonexistent energy bullshit. I hate how some people just use the word light or energy, or light energy as a vague term for their silly fairy tale explanations of life. To me there are only measurable forms of energy.

btw, also i was wondering about the act of putting like stress on your whole head and actively making your head blood red, probably blocking a blood vessel.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post May 18, 2014, 06:13 AM
Post #41

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

QUOTE(Spastic Saren @ May 17, 2014, 05:58 AM) *
I hope nobody minding me replying to an old tread but i have to contribute to this.

Of course.. you had no other choice. Or the devil made you do it. wink.gif Obviously you had to make it clear you don't believe in any of that crap, people put outside of the scientific box, or come up with out of their own experience.
Science doesn't believe in reincarnation or nde's either but the fact is there is testimony regardless of disbelief.

QUOTE(Spastic Saren @ May 17, 2014, 05:58 AM) *

To me there are only measurable forms of energy.

Are you saying energy is only energy if its measured by scientific instruments, or that for you, the only acceptable energies are those that are measured by scientific instruments and cataloged by the industry?

Just wondering if your universe is defined by the current scientific and technological democracy, or maybe the one that might exist when the future brings instruments that measure energy beyond the current known and accepted limits of the measured reality?
After all people are idiots, and nothing anyone could experience can be validated unless its defined by people who don't believe in chakra's or spiritual light..., right? cool.gif

Perhaps your brain is inflexible to any ideas of energy beyond scientific standards of measure, and contracts with any stretch of the imagination that might be outside of the box.... rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
Zennith
post Aug 14, 2014, 06:15 AM
Post #42

Member No.: 37319

Well it seems to me as there are two different things being talked about. The first is that of the main subject which is the brain 'flex' which feels like a contraction of the mind. The second is voluntary ear tendon flexing or Thundering. The first one may cause the second one to happen but I myself can cause the 'Thundering' at will. It's the Brain 'Flex' that I went looking for answers for.

I had this Brain Flex happen to me one night and it was somewhat peaceful after the initial incident. I know what some skeptics will think and no I do not smoke or do drugs.

Yet I leave this to be because it is a matter of opinion on whether or not you believe this is actually a thing.
+Quote Post
anonymouse
post Dec 25, 2014, 12:59 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 37497

hello. i made an account on this site only for this thread. i cannot find anything anywhere else about this "ability". this thread cannot disappear because we need answers.

this is not an hallucination or anything imaginary. i have been doing this for years because it helps me control anxiety and depression. when i "flex my brain" it makes me feel a lot better and relieves any negative feelings temporarily.

i couldn't ever explain this to anyone and don't know how to find more information on it. i am here to say that this is a real thing and you are not alone.

when i do it it makes it feel as if the center of my brain is flexing or tightening. it makes me close my eyes and pull my ears back. i feel slight shaking and definitely experience the thunder like sound. as mentioned it seems to do something similar to releasing endorphins or other pleasure chemicals.

i would add that overdoing it has diminishing returns and seems to make me feel quite tired.
+Quote Post
Atmanaut
post Jan 28, 2015, 09:11 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 37540

I did the "flexing" while connected to a real-time aura imaging machine and my aura was flashing different colors while expanding and contracting faster or slower depending how hard I "flexed".
I feel a rush through my whole body when I do it but I do notice a improved concentration when I focus on the spots of the seven main chakras. Maybe this is the same thing the ancients found and practiced as meditations of the chakras. My head feels open and elongated with a feeling of a slight pull upwards after practacing this.

I can also voluntarily change the size of my pupils and cause the "thunder" all together or individually. Thought this might help and curious to see any response.
+Quote Post
ModafinilEdge
post Feb 07, 2015, 01:38 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 37554

I thought binaural stuff had been disproved long ago in studies to have little to no effect...are you guys claiming otherwise?
+Quote Post
mcgrif
post Apr 26, 2016, 08:32 AM
Post #46

Member No.: 38172

i've noticed this a lot lately. I have worked nights for 7 months, and i take melatonin to help me sleep.

Also I started taking supplements

Now, i can contract my mind in different spots and hold it for however long, it the neat thing is it helps me focus. It helps me visualize things like math. Also speech. Or reading.

I can feel it very strongly in two parts at the back of my head, in the middle, or at the front. Sometimes I feel like i'm controlling it around. If i'm drinking coffee and doing it at the same time, it makes my mind feel very warm.
+Quote Post
haohao
post Apr 27, 2016, 10:23 AM
Post #47

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

I think in some way one can practice and train himself or herself to contract some parts of the brain to completely follow his instructions. However it may arise one problem, which is how he or she control two minds working together at the same time?
+Quote Post
Uncle Tito
post Apr 13, 2017, 03:09 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 38592

QUOTE(Bohdan @ Apr 24, 2012, 01:30 PM) *

Happy to find this thread, as I've been having a very similar experience and have been on the search for some time.
Since I can remember, I have had this voluntary sensation of flexing something in the middle of my head. This produces a wave that travels out through my body and can hold the pulse for several seconds but begin to tire as I need to almost hold my breath.

Investigations to date suggests it is similar to the effect experienced when one has awoken their Kundalini. Its part of a very important and trans-formative experience. Its happening to many people with increasing frequency. Children are being born already awoken. There are a number of other things you may be experiencing alongside. Sensitivity in crowds, to negative emotions or having strange notions come to mind regarding another's thoughts and potent waves of intuition.

I would love to learn more...

I too can do this... I've associated the sound and feeling to that of a gyroscope. Because I feel like I am contracting & relaxing different areas of my brain in cyclical fashion. And, when I get into a groove with it, it feels as though I can speed it up. Think about one of those wrist training balls (see reference below) and when you get into a groove it begins to speed up. It is much like this, and I have even found the key to it being therapudic is keeping consistent control throughout.

Wrist Training Ball Reference:
WWW dot powerballs dot com
+Quote Post
Flexincranium
post May 11, 2017, 11:14 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 38623

I had to join and add my experiences to this thread after reading such similar instances of "brain flexing".

I will start out with what some of you might think of as controversial. I smoked MJ for some years, starting at 18-19 and continuing until 23. I have always been very introspective growing up as a loner, and have "played" in my head for a long time. Once I found Mj, I started experimenting. I would smoke as much weed as I could and observe the effects on how my brain was working. This is when I first started to become concious of the physical nature of my brain. I would close my eyes and do what I can only describe as move energy around my brain. The void behind my eyes felt like the controller center of this energy and I could move it from the front of my brain to the back and sides. It wasn't until my first mushroom trip that I was able to create physical sensations in my head. I can now do it at will. Basically, it feels like your brain is separated into a frontal lobe, a few sections in the center. A couple on top and one at each rear corner/side. When I first start, I focus my energy into the void with my eyes closed and naturally begin to move the focus to other areas of my brain. When I do this, it feels like the area wakes up or becomes excited in some way. At this point I can flex this section. Every flex feels the same, and I can only do it once per section. It feels as if the default state is in a "clenched fist" state, and when I excite it, it unclenches. I can feel and hear this unclenching. I am definitely releasing something when this happens, as I can feel the rush of energy. It's the same feeling as a big relief of something stressful. Each sections sensation is definitely in a different location and have gotten good at picking which one I want to do. I have not smoked weed or eaten mushrooms in over two years and I have only gotten better at it. The only explanation I can come up with is through mindfulness or a large amount of time inside your head, you become more aware of the source of energy and where your thoughts originate from. Once you are aware of these pathways, you can develop methods of controlling it. I do think that my time smoking weed did open my mind to opening my mind. Once I was able to control the visuals when my eyes were closed, I became curious and excited about what else I could do, which lead to the experimenting. I can now turn off pain by focusing on the area of my mind that is telling me something is hurting. This is very useful with headaches. I do not get them often, but when I do, it's like an invitation to explore and within a couple minutes I can pinpoint it and make it go away. I have noticed a decline in the sensitivity of these skills, but every now and then I am able to create some very strong sensations. Do I think there is anythung super natural going on? No. Do I think, with practice, anyone can do this? Yes. I'm not special in anyway. I do wish there was more research into this kind of thing though. The amount of control I have in my head is very exiting to me. Be aware that I am writing this after midnight following 12 hours of work and school and am not playing my A game. Please add to this thread if you have had similar experiences!

-T
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2017 - 07:36 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles