Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Neuroscience Career Help
yutamaoki
post Sep 03, 2016, 10:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 38333

Hello!

I'm applying for grad schools right now but I'm stuck with my career options. I am passionate in learning neuroscience and would like to pursue toward that field. Recently, I was watching this TV show and they introduced a study by these University of Tokyo students who were investigating a way to transmit touching senses with a 3D image.

Although this research is done by engineering students, it made me think that since it utilizes senses, there must be some aspects of neuroscience involved to make this happen. Therefore, to neuroscientists out on this website, what would this sort of field be called? Is there a field called neuro-engineering?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haohao
post Sep 04, 2016, 07:46 PM
Post #2

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

1. I'm an Chinese national, and China is a country with a tradtion of loving peace but still strognly defending its core interests.

2. For the research you mentioned here, as far as I'm concerned, waht you're takling about might be the neuro-stimulation or neuro-coding and computing or neuro-signal transmission, which could be an important research area, and the neuro maunfacture or neuro-modified engineering should be taken into serious consideration.

3. Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary.
+Quote Post
jones2016
post Sep 29, 2016, 06:06 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 38377

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 01:19 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles