BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It is OK to say: "I am one with, and live in, GOD, not a god, or God.", After all, it IS the message of Christmas.
Lindsay
post Dec 22, 2009, 01:11 PM
Post #1

God

Group: Basic Member
From: Markham (Thornhill), part of the greater Toronto area, the GTA, just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Member No.: 4838

Max, your questions
I am asking for the thought process behind the belief and the reason why you have chosen this set of beliefs.
Because I have come to the conclusion that it is OK for anyone to say: "I am GOD, not a god, or God. That is, I am GOD-like, at one with GOD, in which I live, move and have my being. After all, it is the message of Christmas.
How did you arrive at these conclusions?
When I accepted that the message of Christmas is for everyone, not just for Christians, or for Messianic Christian Jews--and that Jesus was a Reform-minded Jew who decided to be a servant-like messiah, not a king-like one. By the way, there were no Christians until later (See Acts 11:26).
I realize you are a thinker, this however does not answer why you chose to believe the things you do. Being a thinker could result in a person believing many different things. Not asking for whats right or wrong, just simply the reason why you believe what you believe."
Looking back, I now realize that I began to think this way when I decided to take Jesus at his word, when he said: "Follow me..."
Was it always this way?
The thought was there from childhood. But, of course, the development of it came gradually.
Where it did begin?
From childhood, as I said. But perhaps it was during the months I spent picking black rocks and white quartz out of iron ore, ten hours a day, on Bell Island, (1946/47) that I got a call--a strong feeling--to do ministry.
Did you ever believe something different?
I have l always left room for agnosticism, my options open, about some things--I still do, but I was strongly so during my last two years of high school, when I was drawn to the sciences for a time. I still take the scientific approach, seriously.
What set of sub-beliefs are there that bring this set of ideas into existence?
Sub-beliefs? I have no idea what this means.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Dec 22, 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #2

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 22, 2009, 09:11 PM) *

..I have come to the conclusion that it is OK for anyone to say: "I am GOD. After all, it is the message of Christmas.

Christmas is a holiday representing the birth of Jesus the Christ and what he brought to humanity as a sacrifice and it doesn't even fall on the day he was actually born.

The meaning of Christmas being "I am God" is most likely not in everyone's thoughts come Christmas morning. What exactly has led you to believe this idea about Christmas.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Dec 22, 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #3

God

From: Markham (Thornhill), part of the greater Toronto area, the GTA, just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Perhaps I need to point out that, long before Jesus, there were those who claimed to be gods, and demanded to be deemed worthy of being worshiped as such. For example, the rulers of ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome presented themselves as gods--no uppercase letters in ancient writings. Anyone familiar with other examples?

However, as I understand it, here is how I hear the spirit of Jesus speaking to me, in the Now: First, Jesus speaks to me through his name:
My Hebrew name is YESHUAH--Jesus is the Greek translation. In literal English my name means: I am one here to serve and be served. Take note: service is not a one-way transaction. We are here to serve one another. I want to be served just as much as I want to be of service. Do you understand this? If you don't, keep in touch until you do.

BTW, one of my ancestral Hebrew/Jewish relatives, Isaiah--Note: many bore that name--wanted the Messiah (the Christ, in Greek) to be called "IMMANUEL"--the Hebrew meaning 'God is with us'. (Isaiah 7:14). Personally speaking, I am glad that I did not get this name.

I am NOT, God with you; I am, GOD--and so are you--in and through you. We are all GOD--all, in and though one another. Again I say: If you do not understand this, keep in touch until you do.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Dec 22, 2009, 04:14 PM
Post #4

Supreme God

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 22, 2009, 10:29 PM) *

Perhaps I need to point out that, long before Jesus, there were those who claimed to be gods, and demanded to be deemed worthy of being worshiped as such. For example, the rulers of ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome presented themselves as gods--no uppercase letters in ancient writings. Anyone familiar with other examples?

However, as I understand it, here is how I hear the spirit of Jesus speaking to me, in the Now: First, Jesus speaks to me through his name:
My Hebrew name is YESHUAH--Jesus is the Greek translation. In literal English my name means: I am one here to serve and be served. Take note: service is not a one-way transaction. We are here to serve one another. I want to be served just as much as I want to be of service. Do you understand this? If you don't, keep in touch until you do.

BTW, one of my ancestral Hebrew/Jewish relatives, Isaiah--Note: many bore that name--wanted the Messiah (the Christ, in Greek) to be called "IMMANUEL"--the Hebrew meaning 'God is with us'. (Isaiah 7:14). Personally speaking, I am glad that I did not get this name.

I am NOT God with you; I am GOD--and so are you--in and through you. We are all GOD--all, in and though one another. Again I say: If you do not understand this, keep in touch until you do.
So now you channel Jesus. That's Great.... rolleyes.gif But then to change the tradition of Christmas from having been a celebration of the birth of the Greatest gift giver, to prescribing the label of God onto ourselves and others, might require that you become the authority over that which you have prescribed as the essence of the experience of God, which is..... belief and opinion.
Others, in their own beliefs and opinions might just act according to your examples, where one might find more or less God in the things they would like to believe and not like to believe according to their opinions of what God is.
BTW... They may be channeling their own spirit of Jesus..
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Dec 22, 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #5

God

IMAGINE BEING AT ONE WITH GOD--morning, noon, and night

If you are a morning person, which I am not, you will probably find the following relatively easy to do. Me? I am an Owl. In the morning, I will do my best not to resent you for being a morning person, early birds. Instead I will keep you in my imagination and make the effort to imagine what the world would be like, morally and ethically, if every one of us agreed to begin every day by looking in the mirror and simply saying--whether we feel like it or not: "Good morning GOD!"

If we feel like it--like I do, late evening and after midnight--so much the better.

Not being a morning person, I have to work at it in the morning. I am tempted to slip back into my old habits and say: "Good God, it's morning! Where am I going to get the time and energy to do all the things I have to do, today?

I know that I am supposed to have faith that things will turn out and be all right. Yes, I agree that I have the ability to light a match to the small amount of faith I do have so that it becomes enthusiasm--faith on fire. I say to myself: Keep the faith, evening, especially late evening will come. Then I will say, "Good evening GOD. I wonder how the early birds are doing?"

But not being a morning person I really have to use my imagination, in the morning. I have to work at it then. As I imagine all the good--that is, GOD-like, orderly and desirable things possible, and ready to happen, in the day ahead. I am determined to use it as I meet the day, my family, my neighbours, my community, city, nation, even the globe and the cosmos, with an attitude of gratitude. Later in the evening: No problem.

Be the above as it may, at all times, empowered by my imagination, and with the help of others, I will be led to the people I need, to the people who need me, to the things that need to be done and the things we all enjoy doing.

With other night owls, I will do this with enthusiasm, late at night. BTW, I read that Winston Churchill, who found it difficult to work in the morning hours, lived most of his productive life as a night owl.
==================================================================

Before I say more about what it means to be at one with GOD, at any time, let me point out that Jesus did not say, nor do I say: I am God, or even a god--as he was accused of in John 10:33. As I said, the Egyptian pharaohs and the Roman emperors made this claim. In doing so they made idols of themselves. Jesus was GOD and king as servant, not as master. That, even though I am a King smile.gif , is my choice.

FYI, there are many verses in the Bible backing up the concepts in process theology, and unitheism. Here are a few of them:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...6;&version=NLT;

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...-11&version=NIV
Check out verse 6 especially.
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Dec 23, 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #6

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

QUOTE(Joesus @ Dec 22, 2009, 01:36 PM) *

Christmas is a holiday representing the birth of Jesus the Christ and what he brought to humanity...

You are so wrong. Christmas was a pagan holiday for thousands of years before it became hijacked by christianity:

'The selection of the twenty-fith of December as [Jesus's] biirthday is not only an arbitrary one, but that date, having been from time immemorial dedicated to the Sun, the inference is that the Son of God and the Sun of Heaven enjoying the same birthday, were at one time identical beings. The fact that Jesus' death was accompanied with the darkening of the Sun, and that the date of his resurrection is also associated with the position of the Sun at the time of the vernal equinox, is a further intimation that we have in the story of the birth, death, and resurrection of Jesus, an ancient and nearly universal Sun-myth, instead of verifiable historical events.'

M M Mangasarian
http://www.infidels.org/library/historical...bout_jesus.html

I thought by now you'd know better than tryint to spread your regurgitaded religious crap here at BM, J!
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Dec 23, 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #7

Supreme God

QUOTE(code buttons @ Dec 23, 2009, 09:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Joesus @ Dec 22, 2009, 01:36 PM) *

Christmas is a holiday representing the birth of Jesus the Christ and what he brought to humanity...

You are so wrong. Christmas was a pagan holiday for thousands of years before it became hijacked by christianity:

'The selection of the twenty-fith of December as [Jesus's] biirthday is not only an arbitrary one, but that date, having been from time immemorial dedicated to the Sun, the inference is that the Son of God and the Sun of Heaven enjoying the same birthday, were at one time identical beings. The fact that Jesus' death was accompanied with the darkening of the Sun, and that the date of his resurrection is also associated with the position of the Sun at the time of the vernal equinox, is a further intimation that we have in the story of the birth, death, and resurrection of Jesus, an ancient and nearly universal Sun-myth, instead of verifiable historical events.'

M M Mangasarian
http://www.infidels.org/library/historical...bout_jesus.html

I thought by now you'd know better than tryint to spread your regurgitaded religious crap here at BM, J!
MM Mangasarian? dry.gif
Christians hijacking Christmas? I guess it would make sense that it is called Christmas rather than Pagan holiday since the pagans haven't complained until now.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Dec 23, 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #8

God

I thought by now you'd know better than trying to spread your regurgitated religious crap here at BM, J!
CodeB
==========================
Code: As you perhaps already know: I give LOVE, that is, I give good will, to any day. But I especially like Dec 21/22. And I think you know why.

Now, may I ask: Do you feel that all religion is "crap"?
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Dec 23, 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #9

Supreme God

Member No.: 3202

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 23, 2009, 08:49 PM) *

I thought by now you'd know better than trying to spread your regurgitated religious crap here at BM, J!
CodeB
Code: As you perhaps already know: I give LOVE, that is, I give good will, to any day. But I especially like Dec 21/22. And I think you know why.

phuk sakes.... go to bed it's christmas for christ's sakes!
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Dec 23, 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #10

Supreme God

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 23, 2009, 05:49 PM) *

CodeB

Naturally! But what about my previous question to you in the other thread (copy below)?

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 22, 2009, 09:34 AM) *

(Lindsay @ Dec 17, 2009, 09:51 PM) *

.... It is this notion of God as Totality that I believe in.
"What if everything, Totality was all inside your head?" Code asks.

This idea came to me when I was a child. I remember: looking at the stars on a cold clear night. Interestingly, there was no light "pollution" for sky watchers in Newfoundland during the blackout while WW 2 raged around us (1939-1945).
BTW, Bell Island (then over 10,000 people)--ten miles north of St. John's--was attacked, twice, by enemy subs. Torpedoes sank four iron-ore carriers and hit one of the two loading piers. The subs attacked in the Spring and Fall of 1942. I saw the bodies of quite a number of young merchant seamen--they drowned when their ships sank-- hauled ashore not far from where I lived. http://www.bellisland.net

Back to my thoughts as a sky watcher: Every time I closed my eyes the thought came to me: If every human being was, like ants, born blind, would the stars exist?

A wise cleric, Dean William Ralph Inge (1860--1954)-- http://www.google.ca/search?q=Dean+Inge&ie...lient=firefox-a
a famous dean of St. Paul's cathedral, London England--in response to a cynical statement made by an astronomer about how insignificant man is in the eyes of astronomy, is reported to have responded, "But you are forgetting that man is the astronomer." One of his books was, "God and the Astronomers".
Interesting bio of Dean Inge--"the gloomy dean"--
http://www.bookrags.com/biography/william-ralph-inge/

Yea, but, where would GOD fit in that scenario?
+Quote Post
maximus242
post Dec 24, 2009, 09:50 AM
Post #11

God

Member No.: 4768

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 22, 2009, 02:11 PM) *

Max, your questions
I am asking for the thought process behind the belief and the reason why you have chosen this set of beliefs.
Because I have come to the conclusion that it is OK for anyone to say: "I am GOD. After all, it is the message of Christmas.
How did you arrive at these conclusions?
When I accepted that the message of Christmas is for everyone, not just for Christians, or Messianic Christian Jews--and that Jesus was a Reform-minded Jew who decided to be a servant-like messiah, not a king-like one. By the way, there were no Christians until later (Acts 11:26).
I realize you are a thinker, this however does not answer why you chose to believe the things you do. Being a thinker could result in a person believing many different things. Not asking for whats right or wrong, just simply the reason why you believe what you believe."
Looking back, I now realize that I began to think this way when I decided to take Jesus at his word, when he said: "Follow me..."
Was it always this way?
The thought was there from childhood. But, of course, the development of it came gradually.
Where it did begin?
From childhood, as I said. But perhaps it was during the months I spent picking black rocks and white quartz out of iron ore, ten hours a day, on Bell Island, (1946/47) that I got a call--a strong feeling--to do ministry.
Did you ever believe something different?
I have l always left room for agnosticism, my options open, about some things--I still do, but I was strongly so during my last two years of high school, when I was drawn to the sciences for a time. I still take the scientific approach, seriously.
What set of sub-beliefs are there that bring this set of ideas into existence?
Sub-beliefs? I have no idea what this means.

What was it that made you decide to take Jesus at his word?

Oh at shout out to Joesus - Christmas really was a pagan holiday, they changed it to a Christian holiday in europe to make the adoption of Christianity easier. Birth of Christ was once calculated based off a bunch of historical elements and was found to be closer to Easter. Christmas was a conscious decision by the heads of the church to help ensure the conversion of Pagans to Christians. Thats why its called Christmas, it wasnt always called that, it was created to promote the adoption of Christianity and replace one of the pagans most important religious days.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Dec 24, 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #12

Supreme God

QUOTE(maximus242 @ Dec 24, 2009, 05:50 PM) *

Oh at shout out to Joesus - Christmas really was a pagan holiday, they changed it to a Christian holiday in europe to make the adoption of Christianity easier. Birth of Christ was once calculated based off a bunch of historical elements and was found to be closer to Easter. Christmas was a conscious decision by the heads of the church to help ensure the conversion of Pagans to Christians. Thats why its called Christmas, it wasnt always called that, it was created to promote the adoption of Christianity and replace one of the pagans most important religious days.

No, the Pagan Holiday was a representation of death and rebirth, born of traditions long forgotten in the fall and rise of human consciousness, similar to the fall of adam and eve from the garden of eden or the fall of human consciousness and the consequential rise of the human to full human conscious awareness. It has ties to the ancient seasonal calculations of the universal changes that occur during that which is called a Yuga. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugas

Now Christmas, has been called Christmas in conjunction with what had been traditionally known for birth and rebirth. It was around the 4th century when the church dropped the whole reincarnation thing because they found it threatening to church interests to allow the people to look forward to a better life in some other time and place rather than to give their complete attention to the current lifetime and the proper devotional respect to the present church and its leaders.
By combining the cosmology of the ancient tradition of reincarnation (death and rebirth) with the historical metaphor exemplified in the birth of Jesus the man, the death of his body and the resurrection of his spirit into a light body the church leaders began to implement the Christ-mass. Instead of leading the individual to the knowledge that all men are destined for evolution and a resurrection similar to Jesus, it became prosperous to the church to lead the attention away from that idea and more toward the idea that Jesus was special and the only Son of God, and that his sacrifice was to help make them better servants to God and the house of God as the Church.
Before the Christ-mass, the church was a bit closer to the older traditions. They spoke of Jesus as the traditional exemplar of the sacrifice that each individual makes in giving up the old which no longer serves, and to take up the new, or the rebirth of the soul as it transmutes the ignorance of illusions of the ego for the wisdom of eternal truth, or the Love of God which supports all thoughts and desires in whatever idea the soul manages to manifest.
And that choice to align with the real leads to greater experience than to align with the imagined.

Over time religion thru public belief fell further from the oral traditions of enlightenment and the spiritual sciences, and found its way into more beliefs and ideas incorporating historical figures such as St. Nicholas, a miracle worker and gift giver. Being that St. Nick served Humanity selflessly as did Jesus, it would figure that the images should emerge to make a more palatable serving since the church gave up on reincarnation and found it easier to lead the masses to an idea of universal love and forgiveness by exemplifying the Saint with other god like figures who lived their lives in service to humanity, spreading love and unity. Christ-mass now is called the spirit of Christmas. Being that the Church has lost its means to forcibly control the masses it follows the masses in their need to find unity among themselves in some commonality to find love and give love. Christmas is the one time of the Year where the whole planet opens itself to love and giving. Countries that are at war with each other will stop fighting on this one day to observe the desire to have that experience.

Still within the spirit of Christmas lay the spirit of the old traditions.

Christmas has always been Christmas since it was given the name Christmas, and today it has little to do in the minds of the people with what it was originally conceived as, thru the heads of the church in the representation of the Resurrection of life thru rebirth. The Pagan Holiday and the pagan worshipers died out over time as do most traditions when the masses stray towards their own desires to follow their personal beliefs and opinions about themselves and the world.
Religions come and go as do the seasons, and the evolution of man is tied to the cosmology of universal construction and destruction.

Merry Christmas.
http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/preview/...173936/graphic1
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Dec 24, 2009, 02:01 PM
Post #13

God

"What was it that made you decide to take Jesus at his word?" asks Max.

THE MESSAGE IS THE MEDIUM
=========================
Max, It matters not to me whether or not the story we have in the New Testament is literally true, or not. It is possible that 2000 years or so ago--because it was a popular name--there were many people with the name YESHUAH. Today, in its Spanish form, it is a very popular name among those who speak Spanish.

What motivates me--and motivates me to think, say and do that which for the highest good of all of us--is the message, the word, the logos, which is found over and over again in the words found in what we call the Bible. Yes, it has its share of warts; but I will take it--warts and all!

+Quote Post
Phi
post Dec 24, 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #14

God

Member No.: 25755

I am GOD now
+Quote Post
maximus242
post Dec 24, 2009, 09:24 PM
Post #15

God

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 24, 2009, 03:01 PM) *

"What was it that made you decide to take Jesus at his word?" asks Max.

THE MESSAGE IS THE MEDIUM
=========================
Max, It matters not to me whether or not the story we have in the New Testament is literally true, or not. It is possible that 2000 years or so ago--because it was a popular name--there were many people with the name YESHUAH. Today, in its Spanish form, it is a very popular name among those who speak Spanish.

What motivates me--and motivates me to think, say and do that which for the highest good of all of us--is the message, the word, the logos, which is found over and over again in the words found in what we call the Bible. Yes, it has its share of warts; but I will take it--warts and all!

So whether or not all the things you believe is true or not doesnt particularly matter to you
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Dec 24, 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #16

God

"So whether or not all the things you believe is true or not doesn't particularly matter to you." Max.

Max, your comment is an awkward one. Is it a question? If so, what is your question?

GOD-like , or NATURAL, SELECTION
===========================
In the famous fable: Did the hare and the tortoise really talk to each other and agree to have a race? I do not think so. Did they actually realize that they were about to discover on of the basic truths in the theory of GOD-like selection? But all who believe in this theory know the great moral truth it contains: Slow and steady does win the race." Sounds good (GOD-like) to me.

Was Jesus born, literally, of a virgin--impregnated by a supernatural being called God? I do not think so. Paul does not even mention it in any of his writings. Neither does Jesus mention it, in any of his sayings.

The story of the Virgin Birth, IMO, has little or nothing to do with the basic teaching of Jesus, which is: Be GOD-like lovers--at least in your intentions--in thought, word and deed. Beginning with the self: forgive, be kind and love one another, including enemies. Like the story about Robert-the-Bruce and the spider: If at first you do not succeed, try,try and try again. Here is an excellent example of the nature and function of legends: http://www.showcaves.com/english/explain/History/Bruce.html

BTW, Max, what is your avatar all about? It is as obscure as some of your comments.
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Dec 25, 2009, 06:07 AM
Post #17

Supreme God

Member No.: 3202

QUOTE(Phi @ Dec 25, 2009, 12:19 AM) *

I am GOD now

haha.... yeah, may the Lord help us!
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Dec 25, 2009, 07:52 AM
Post #18

Supreme God

QUOTE(Joesus @ Dec 23, 2009, 05:41 PM) *

MM Mangasarian? dry.gif
Christians hijacking Christmas? I guess it would make sense that it is called Christmas rather than Pagan holiday since the pagans haven't complained until now.

There are no pagans left; the ruling christians took care of that. It's the part of human history called the medieval times. But I'm not going to start going back and forth with you on a subject which has been addressed so many times here at BM. So, Merry Christmas to you too.

+Quote Post
Joesus
post Dec 25, 2009, 10:09 AM
Post #19

Supreme God

QUOTE(code buttons @ Dec 25, 2009, 03:52 PM) *

There are no pagans left; the ruling christians took care of that. It's the part of human history called the medieval times. But I'm not going to start going back and forth with you on a subject which has been addressed so many times here at BM. So, Merry Christmas to you too.

The idea that the Christians wiped out the pagans could be compared to the idea that the Romans wiped out the Christians or Hitler wiped out the Jews. What would be most obvious is that not all the Christians were in reach of Rome and not all the Jews were in Hitlers reach. It is doubtful all the Pagans were wiped out by the Christians.
Besides if there is any truth to anything, truth is never wiped out and those who know of the truth either go into stealth mode or become unresponsive to the masses and their illusions.
The masses, then sufficiently distracted by their immersion into personal opinion and belief, without the need to defend against the opposing thought and belief never see the person(s) of opposing thought.

Such has been the case with the Spiritual sciences and the schools of mystery.
+Quote Post
maximus242
post Dec 25, 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #20

God

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 24, 2009, 11:59 PM) *

"So whether or not all the things you believe is true or not doesn't particularly matter to you." Max.

Max, your comment is an awkward one. Is it a question? If so, what is your question?

GOD-like , or NATURAL, SELECTION
===========================
In the famous fable: Did the hare and the tortoise really talk to each other and agree to have a race? I do not think so. Did they actually realize that they were about to discover on of the basic truths in the theory of GOD-like selection? But all who believe in this theory know the great moral truth it contains: Slow and steady does win the race." Sounds good (GOD-like) to me.

Was Jesus born, literally, of a virgin--impregnated by a supernatural being called God? I do not think so. Paul does not even mention it in any of his writings. Neither does Jesus mention it, in any of his sayings.

The story of the Virgin Birth, IMO, has little or nothing to do with the basic teaching of Jesus, which is: Be GOD-like lovers--at least in your intentions--in thought, word and deed. Beginning with the self: forgive, be kind and love one another, including enemies. Like the story about Robert-the-Bruce and the spider: If at first you do not succeed, try,try and try again. Here is an excellent example of the nature and function of legends: http://www.showcaves.com/english/explain/History/Bruce.html

BTW, Max, what is your avatar all about? It is as obscure as some of you comments.

I do not think my comments or avatar is obscure. The avatar is a study by Leonardo Da Vinci of drapery for one of his paintings. My comment is simply a conclusion based off your reply.

Now, to the next question, if the things you believe are not true, then why believe them?
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Dec 25, 2009, 12:48 PM
Post #21

God

"Now, to the next question, if the things you believe are not true, then why believe them?" Max.

This is another one of those questions which would not be allowed in a court of law. It is like as if a lawyer asked a defendant: When did you stop beating your wife? It is a trick question designed to fool the defendant.

You are presuming that, somewhere, I have said that I believe in things that I know are not true. Where did I ever say such a thing?

About the avatar. Thanks for clearing that up: I thought those were legs of some kind or another under the drapes. But, until I got your full and true explanation, I had no idea what was above them--an elephant collapsing in death, or human legs draped. What does it represent? A half truth? smile.gif BTW, half truths, unless cleared up by honest communication, can be as destructive as whole and evil ones.
+Quote Post
Phi
post Dec 25, 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #22

God

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Dec 25, 2009, 06:07 AM) *

I am GOD now

haha.... yeah, may the Lord help us!

thou art helped
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Dec 25, 2009, 03:51 PM
Post #23

God

"Yea, but, where would GOD fit in that scenario?" Code asks.

Code: Any scenario that IS fits in to GOD, not the other way round.

If you, or anyone, find that it is impossible to understand this concept--Do you?--perhaps it is impossible for unitheists--those of us who see GOD as all that IS--to communicate any meaning to you. Without being judgmental, in any way, shape or form, perhaps the best we can do is leave it there until after we have taken a look at the following:

PROGRAMMING THE UNIVERSE--A Quantum Computer Scientist Takes on the Cosmos (2006)--a book by Seth Lloyd, Professor of mechanical engineering, MIT.

BTW, knowing my interest in understanding quantum physics, my beautiful grandchildren gave me this book as one of my Christmas gifts.

Lloyd begins:
This book is the story of the universe and the bit. The universe is the biggest thing there is and the bit is the smallest possible chunk of information. The universe is made of bits. Every molecule, atom, and elementary particle registers bits of information. Every interaction between those pieces of the universe processes that information by altering those bits. That is, the universe computes, and because the universe is governed by the laws of quantum mechanics, it computes in an intrinsically quantum-mechanical fashion; its bits are quantum bits. The history of the universe is, in effect, a huge and ongoing computation. The universe is a quantum computer.

What does the universe compute? It computes itself. The universe computes its own behavior. As soon as the universe began, it began computing. ...

======================================================
Now I know why I was attracted to physics, chemistry and the like, when I became a serious student--I think I was 14 at the time.

If anyone has already read this book, let me know what it said to you. Meanwhile, as I read it, I will do my best to communicate what it means to me. So far, I am amazed.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Dec 26, 2009, 09:52 AM
Post #24

God

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Dec 25, 2009, 06:07 AM) *

"I am GOD now"
============
"haha.... yeah, may the Lord help us!" responds TLID.
==============================
Phi, you respond to TLID: "thou art helped."
It would be good to hear you say more on this.
+Quote Post
Phi
post Dec 26, 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #25

God

i wish brainmeta had a bottom of page button so i could reply on the phone easier.
+Quote Post
maximus242
post Dec 27, 2009, 10:00 AM
Post #26

God

I was not attempting trickery lindsay, you said I do not believe that Jesus died and rose again, etc. So then why do you believe in the teachings, if he was not this son of god in an omnipotent sense, why do you listen?

Why do you believe in the words of the bible?
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Dec 27, 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #27

Supreme God

Member No.: 845

QUOTE(Phi @ Dec 27, 2009, 03:12 AM) *

i wish brainmeta had a bottom of page button so i could reply on the phone easier.
No keyboard key?

+Quote Post
Phi
post Dec 27, 2009, 07:10 PM
Post #28

God

me no carry key board cross
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Dec 27, 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #29

God

"Why do you believe in the words of the bible?" Max.

Max, I read the Bible as literature. Some of it is fact; some of it is fiction; some of it is propaganda, some of it is poetry, metaphor, you name it.

If there was a Jesus who "rose" from the "dead" it is possible that he was a master of yoga. There is a gap of 20 years in the story of Jesus as told in the Bible. It is very possible that he spent some time in the far east and studied with yoga masters. When he said, "Take my yoke (zugos) upon you ..." Zugos is the Greek for yoga--it refers to uniting with the universe--in a GOD-like way. Yoking animals together gave them greater power to work. A yoke was not a burden, it was a machine.

BTW, how do you read the Bible?
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Dec 28, 2009, 07:33 AM
Post #30

Supreme God

Member No.: 845

QUOTE(Phi @ Dec 28, 2009, 03:10 AM) *

me no carry key board cross
Not on Christmas present list?
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 08:38 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles