Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> State of mind
aethor
post Oct 24, 2012, 10:13 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32629

To me the body is what it thinks. Although most of the brain activity is not perceivable by the consciousness we are aware of, we can greatly influence unconsciousness and consciousness by altering thought. I see this forum is mostly about supplements, new research and ideas. Not so much about how to develop the best state of mind by simply gaining new insight into your own thought environment. Psychology as it is today claims that behavioral therapy is more effective than medication in treatment of mental disorders. Drugs can give you insight or aid you into developing new views, but from my current opinion this development must mostly be done in the absence of it.

Ideas like forgiving everyone, no matter the circumstances, has the possibility to change your outlook greatly if you just believe in it the right way. Sometimes there is also statements that are false from a logical or scientific view that would make people able to go places those whom dismiss them don't. But this might be a matter of what kind of emotional value we keep on the language we use. And would probably have an equivalent in somebody else. Just by putting emotions on other aspects of life, or just getting rid of them altogether by some clever way of thought we could increase and revalue our output of happiness.

We are greatly influenced by the behavior of other people, increasing non-imitative beliefs would maybe bring us somewhere totally different because new thoughts would develop with less influence from typical behavior. Its just, how do we get to these wonderful places of consciousness? I'm not sure, but I know there is long-lasting or constant states of mind, that are very uncommon or almost non-existent in people today. And they would make converts of everyone who was in this space of perceiving. Maybe scientists lack the imagination for this, and the alternative therapy-forms is to skewed in hogwash. Or maybe the information is already out there, its just hard to find and internalize.

I know this kind of approach is a dance of words and intimidation, but I think it is the best we have got in many years to come when it comes to maximizing human enjoyment.
To me meditative states aren't that interesting because they focus on a non-symbolic form of enlightenment.

Give me your thoughts! and sorry, I find the message I tried to portray somewhat hard to describe. maybe you will get it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Oct 24, 2012, 05:40 PM
Post #2

Supreme God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 601

QUOTE(aethor @ Oct 24, 2012, 06:13 PM) *

To me the body is what it thinks. Although most of the brain activity is not perceivable by the consciousness we are aware of, we can greatly influence unconsciousness and consciousness by altering thought.

In your first couple of sentences you've given power to the body as its own source of being, separate from the consciousness you describe within both conscious and unconscious thought. Is that where you want to begin with this?

I see this forum is mostly about supplements, new research and ideas. Not so much about how to develop the best state of mind by simply gaining new insight into your own thought environment.

You can't really expect to make a sweeping statement to what the forum is about based on what is popular within the realms of current discussions. A few years back there were more discussions regarding science and metaphysics than chemical supplements. Even a few word games.
Psychology as it is today claims that behavioral therapy is more effective than medication in treatment of mental disorders. Drugs can give you insight or aid you into developing new views, but from my current opinion this development must mostly be done in the absence of it.

Some psychologists, (like yourself) understand that drugs are only band aids and not cures. They have their own insight into the idea that drugs which create altered states, are not predictable or reliable in creating the exact experience nor do they create anything that lasts other than memories of the event.. tho some maybe not..

Ideas like forgiving everyone, no matter the circumstances, has the possibility to change your outlook greatly if you just believe in it the right way.

Beliefs change and are subject to conflicting experiences. Only when someone finds that they are linked to each other does one make use of the relationship they have with others, rather than trying to ignore it.
One cannot forgive someone if they hold judgment against themselves and can't forgive themselves for whatever it is that ails one on the scales of self image and self worth.
Sometimes there is also statements that are false from a logical or scientific view that would make people able to go places those whom dismiss them don't. But this might be a matter of what kind of emotional value we keep on the language we use. And would probably have an equivalent in somebody else. Just by putting emotions on other aspects of life, or just getting rid of them altogether by some clever way of thought we could increase and revalue our output of happiness.

Unless the emotions are primary in ones life, and put before the intellect and reasoning, your statement would be fantasy.

We are greatly influenced by the behavior of other people, increasing non-imitative beliefs would maybe bring us somewhere totally different because new thoughts would develop with less influence from typical behavior.
There is no such thing as a belief without limits
Its just, how do we get to these wonderful places of consciousness? I'm not sure, but I know there is long-lasting or constant states of mind, that are very uncommon or almost non-existent in people today.

Ignored and sometimes uncommon to those without awareness of such, but never non-existent. Perhaps if one was not so interested in just the symbolic states of mind where enlightenment is idealized within the parameters of popular belief.
And they would make converts of everyone who was in this space of perceiving.

Maybe or maybe not. Those with the eyes to see and the ears to hear, see and listen. Others just aren't paying attention... and then there is the free will thing where a person (like a ripening fruit) has to have the time and space within the relative universe to get where they need to be in order to handle more than the limited beliefs that they barely wrap their minds around (like the earth being flat..).
Maybe scientists lack the imagination for this, and the alternative therapy-forms is to skewed in hogwash. Or maybe the information is already out there, its just hard to find and internalize.

Everyone has their idea of what is important for them and everyone else, it's just that everyone else may not see it the way they do..
When it comes to Science and consciousness, some are just obsessed with the "What you can see, hear, touch and taste" kinda thinking. Not all sciences are working together, and not all scientists lack a spiritual awareness.

I know this kind of approach is a dance of words and intimidation, but I think it is the best we have got in many years to come when it comes to maximizing human enjoyment.
Relative enjoyment is fleeting and never permanent.

To me meditative states aren't that interesting because they focus on a non-symbolic form of enlightenment.

Just goes to show you where one gets caught on what has meaning and which senses are being used.

Give me your thoughts! and sorry, I find the message I tried to portray somewhat hard to describe. maybe you will get it.

Maybe you'll get it all out over time, once you aren't trying so hard to please all of the people all of the time... or better yet.. Please yourself all of the time.

Few are willing to go where it stretches the attachments to personal ideals within the boundaries of belief.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 07:18 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles